2018+ CAN AM CB SOLUTION

Home Forums General Discussion 2018+ CAN AM CB SOLUTION

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HardcaseHardcase
      Participant

I posted a blurb on FB about my new 2020 Can-AM Spyder RT Ltd and the solution I came up with for the CB and Bluetooth comms. Several folks Messsaged me and asked for more detailed instructions on what I did.

The primary parts are a Midland 75-822, K-8R18 Fire-Flex® Coax, Firestik II Tuneable 4’ Tip CB Antenna, SS-24A Side mount, Sena SR10-10 Bluetooth Adapter with Cardo Boldpack Headsets.

So for those who want them,  EMAIL ME [email protected] and I can send you a file in either Word or PDF format.

Mike "Hardcase" Poirier
      Chaplain, S.R.

Handy1954Handy1954
      Participant

Sir
      I also mounted a Midland 75-822 with an external antenna on my 2016 Can Am RT, But the set up has an extremely high electrical noise problem. I was wondering if you ran into this problem or if you have any idea what may be causing it. Thanks for your input.
      Handy

HardcaseHardcase
      Participant

I get the usual static like any CB, that I squelch out.  Maybe a little extra since the coax has to be run along the length of the engine bay.

The key, as the folks at Bell’s CB said is a very good shielded coax, a very good adjustable antenna, and then ensuring they are properly adjusted using an SWR meter.  I ended up trying multiple combos of things to get my set up into the proper form but once I did it works well.

Email me if you want the specs for my build as both versions of the file (word or PDF) are to big to attach here

Mike "Hardcase" Poirier
      Chaplain, S.R.

Handy1954Handy1954
      Participant

Mike

Thank you for your response please forward the information sheets to [email protected] either format would be fine.

Chris Hallberg

Handy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.