2021 Angel Fire Service Project & Reunion

Home Forums Regional Gatherings 2021 Angel Fire Service Project & Reunion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tigger
      Participant

The 2021 Angel Fire Service Project and Reunion IS happening this year on Labor Day weekend – Sept. 3-5!! We really need all hands on deck to help lay 800 bricks this year, so make your reservations NOW (if you haven’t already). We know this memorial is a Central Route stop, but ALL routes are welcome because this memorial belongs to and honors ALL veterans. The plans for the weekend will be similar to years past, but there will be a few modifications since we have so many bricks to lay on Saturday. It will be a long and busy day, but we know this family will make sure the mission is completed!

We are still hammering out some of the specifics, so please watch for a newsletter coming soon that will provide more details! This post is mainly a heads-up so you can start making travel plans and reservations. If you have any general questions I may be able to help answer, please comment here or reach out to me at [email protected].

Bob Nelson
      Participant

We are looking forward to it. Let me know when registration begins

Tigger
        Participant

Bob – yay! Looking forward to seeing you guys! Will do.

dougw0411
      Participant

Looking forward to it. This will be my 1st time helping.

Tigger
        Participant

That’s fantastic! We’ll be glad to have you. It will be a little busier and a little different than usual with two years’ worth of bricks to lay, especially Saturday, but still an amazing experience. We’re planning to keep everything running continuously Saturday, so be sure to take breaks and don’t overexert yourself. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Mountaintracker1
      Participant

Is there any material or anything else needed? The wife and I will be staying at the Mariana and bring in supplies needed.

Tigger
        Participant

You shouldn’t need to bring anything except whatever you may need to make it through the day – jackets, water, snacks, meds, etc. If you or your wife are physically able and interested, we really need people to learn the actual laying of the brick in the section. That will require being down on the ground and I know those who’ve done it before recommend knee pads. If you will just be assisting with reading names or carrying the bricks down to the section or various other tasks, you should be good to go. Thanks for asking!

Lane
      Participant

I thought I had seen information on the reunion, itinerary, hotels and registration…(or I dreamed it)  Can someone direct me to the information?

Lane Flynn
      2019 ATW - MR

Tigger
        Participant

Hi Lane. No, that information hasn’t been posted yet. The hotels are just whatever you can find in the Eagle Nest/Angel Fire/Red River area. The only “registration” that will occur will be for the dinner on Saturday night. We’re finalizing the info for the itinerary and Saturday dinner. When it’s ready, I’ll post it here and in an event I’ll create on Facebook in the main RFTW group so people can find info in a centralized place. Thanks!

Lane
      Participant

thanks… must have been dreaming

Lane Flynn
      2019 ATW - MR

Tigger
        Participant

It might’ve been for the reunion in Kerrville, which is happening later in September. 🙂 When we have the info finalized, I’ll make sure it goes up in this thread.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.