30th Annual RFTW Missing Man Formation Midway 2018

Home Forums General Discussion 30th Annual RFTW Missing Man Formation Midway 2018

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      cornmancornman
      Participant

All FNG’s and riders on Midway Route that have not ridden in the Missing Man Formation I am taking reservations to fill the spots along the route this year.  If you are interested in Honoring a Missing Man I will need the following:

Your name and area of the country you would like to ride in,

The Missing Man’s name, rank, dates of service, and any pertinent info on the Missing Man you are honoring.

For your info I need name, 1 or 2 up, and what your are riding

Thank you in advance for your support and participation in the Missing Man Formation

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span>

jwormmeester@yahoo.com[email protected]
      Participant

Good afternoon Cornman,   My name is Judy Wormmeester, and I have been going ATW on the Southern Route for 5 years now.   It is time to experience another route of The Run.   My plan is to go ATW on the Midway Route in 2018.   My son, William, will be joining us as an FNG, starting in Rancho Cucamonga, but is not sure he can go ATW.   My daughter, Heather, is also joining us in 2018, and has gone ATW, but did it across 2 years.

We are riding for my brother  SGT Joseph A. Matejov, USAF, shot down 2/5/73 over Laos, a week after the peace treaty was signed.     We have been fighting for his status to be changed from KIA to MIA as we were originally told there were no survivors, but we found out a few years later there were 4 and they were captured.   He never returned home.

I am  not an FNG, but if there is a spot available, I would love to have one, or be a fill in when the scheduled person does not make it.   I ride a Victory Cross Road, no passenger.

My son, William Wormmeester, has a Triumph Commander, not sure if his wife will be attending at this time, so not sure if he will be 1 or 2 up.

My daughter, Heather Wormmeester currently has a Honda Shadow, no passenger.

William will be the only FNG, but if spots are available, Heather and I would love to fill them.

Thank you for what you do.

Judy aka Not Airborne

Participant

My Name is James Kimley and I am FNG. I would like to ride in the missing man formation for one of my fallen brothers.

CW2 Micheal T. Blaise Banshee Troop Was KIA 20 Jan 04 In Iraq when his aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff from Q-West near Mosul at 2020 hrs while conducting right seat rides as the 101st was conducting a RIP. A/C was attempting to abort the mission due to weather and return to the base.

Not sure of dates of service I will be riding 1 up. Joining in Cookeville TN and riding for the Wall not sure if it would be possible to ride for multiple missing Men but I have a few more I would like to ride for as well.

Thanks,

Kimley

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        cornmancornman
        Participant

Welcome to Midway James.  Glad you will be joining us.

I have several open spots from Cookeville to Arlington.  Do you have a preference of what state you ride in?  I have openings in TN, NC

Thanks

Ray

Participant

I am interested in the missing man formation.  I would like to honor Joe Lynn Delong from McMinnville TN.  Staff Sergeant Delong was reported missing on the 18 Th of May 1967 5 miles north of the Ia Drang Valley, Pleiku Province, South Vietnam.

And this point I do not know his dates of service but will attempt to find out.

i drive a Harley Sportster 1200 Low T

Participant

Ray,

NC is fine Sir.

Thank you,

Kimley

cornmancornman
        Participant

James,

I will need your cell that you have during the ride, and what you are riding.

Thanks

Ray

cornmancornman
      Participant

Hi Judy,

Yes I can accommodate all three.  Let me know if there is a specific state or city you would like to ride from.  If you want me to place the three of you I can do that as well.  Thanks Ray

R. Burks, Yes I can put you in for TN.  I have three spots.  Brownsville AR to Dickson TN,  Dickson TN to Gordonville TN, and Gordonville TN to Cookeville TN on Mon, then on Tues I have Cookeville to Knoxville, Knoxville to Strawberry Plaines, and Strawberry Plaines to Swannanoa NC.  Do  you have a preference?

Participant

I will be honored to run “Missing Man” from Knoxville to Strawberry Plaines. Thank you.

Participant

my name is Doug Dodd and I would like to ride missing man from Forrest City AR to Dickson TN to honor my father, Ralph W Dodd, Corporal, US Army Air Corp, 1943-1946. He spent a portion of his time at Dyersburg TN.

I will be riding a Yamaha Roadstar 1up, no trailer.

IrishIrish
      Participant

Doug, this is who you need to talk to

Missing Man Coordinator
      Cornmesser
      Ray
      Cornman
      [email protected]

Pat " Irish" Devlin
      2018 Midway Route 4th PL

cornmancornman
      Participant

Doug, I have you scheduled for the leg from Forrest City AR to Bells TN.  There are two legs between Forrest City and Dickson.

If you wish the leg from Bells TN to Dickson TN please let me know.

I will also need your cell to contact you on the route to insure you are in place when we need you.

Thanks Pat.

Thanks

Ray

cornmancornman
        Participant

Doug,

I have you scheduled.  I need your cell phone number so I can contact and update you with any information.

Thanks

Ray

Participant

Sir I would be honored to ride the missing man formation. Both of my Grandfathers were WWII vets. I am doing this ride for both of them. I just visited my Grandfathers grave for the first time in Belgium in June. He was KIA during the Battle of the Bulge. I lost my other Grandfather in Dec of 17. He was in the South Pacific and received the Phillipine Liberation Medal. I am going all the way as a FNG.

cornmancornman
      Participant

Heaton, I have numerous legs open, do you have a preference as to what area of the country you would like to honor this position in?  Plus I will need your phone, 1 or 2 up, bike info.  Please email me at [email protected] and we will confirm what I have open and where you would like to ride.  Thanks

Ray

Mark LyonsMark Lyons
      Participant

My name is Mark Lyons, I am an FNG on the Midway route for the 2018 RFTW ridding 1 up on a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic from California to D.C.  I would like to ride in the “Missing Man Formation” for my uncle Petty Officer 2nd Class David A Johnson, United States Navy, November 1967 to November 1971 (Vietnam).  My phone # is 970-593-2605 and my e-mail is [email protected]

GoofyGoofy
      Participant

My name is Mark Lyons, I am an FNG on the Midway route for the 2018 RFTW ridding 1 up on a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic from California to D.C. I would like to ride in the “Missing Man Formation” for my uncle Petty Officer 2nd Class David A Johnson, United States Navy, November 1967 to November 1971 (Vietnam). My phone # is 970-593-2605 and my e-mail is [email protected]

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the family and the Midway route. What part of CA are you riding from and what day do you plan on riding down to Ontario. there is a group of us leaving from San Jose on Sunday the 13th and you are welcome to join us. If you are interested you can email me at [email protected].

Lonny "Goofy" Weissman
      Vietnam 67-69
      FNG 2013 Southern
      4th platoon APL Midway 2014
      5th Platoon TG Midway 2015, 2016, 2017,TG Midway 4th Platoon 2018

Mark LyonsMark Lyons
        Participant

Thanks Goofy,

I am riding in from Colorado, leaving home on the morning of the 13th and plan on being in Ontario on the afternoon of the 15th.  I will be taking I-70 from Co into Utah then getting on I-15 through Utah & Nevada.

Participant

Hello, I’m a 22 year USAF vet with service in VN and DS.  I’m also a survivor of the Alfred P. Murrah Bldg. bombing in Oklahoma City.  I’ve ridden with the Central Route from 2003 to 2009 and joining the Mid Route this year.  If possible I’d like to ride into OKC as the missing man for the 168 killed on 4/19/95 (I’m also dedicating this entire ride for them). I’ll be riding ATW.  I’ll be on a Gold Wing Trike with trailer.

William (Bill) R. Hathaway, Capt, USAF/Ret

cornmancornman
        Participant

Hi William,

The OKC position is filled, as is all of OK.  Is there another area you would like to ride in?  I will also need your cell and email for contact.

Thanks

Ray

Participant

Ray, Thanks for the offer, but the OKC position was the only one I wanted.  Please leave that honored position for the other FNGs to fill.  If there is anything else I can help with please contact me.

William (Bill) R. Hathaway, Capt, USAF/Ret

[email protected]

405-650-8129

Participant

Good morning.  My name is Chuck Knight and I’m hoping there is a spot open for the Missing Man somewhere between Cookeville, TN and D.C  I’m not an FNG, this will be my 3d year with RFTW.  In my FNG year I was fortunate to ride in formation this from Knoxville to Strawberry Plains.  I spent that hour or so talking with  Warren Lizotte, My RTO who was KIA in Vietnam.  Many demons disappeared after that short ride but there are several more still alive and unfortunately well.  If there’s a slot open I hope to rid myself of more.  This ride would be for SSG Herbert C. Frost, E Co, 75th Inf (Ranger), 06/26/37, KIA 06/21/1969.  I am riding 1 up.  Thank you.

cornmancornman
        Participant

Chuck,

Thanks for your interest, please contact me in Ontario for openings.  As you have been a MMF participant in the past I need to reserve these spots for those that have not had the chance to honor this position.  If I have any openings in Ontario I will gladly put you in a spot.

Thanks

Ray

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.