Advanced Rider Course Available in Dallas area

Home Forums General Discussion Advanced Rider Course Available in Dallas area

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Howdy Folks!

If anyone is wanting or needing to take an Advanced Riders Course, please let me know.  There is a course available in Dallas, but we would need a minimum of 3 Riders (max of 8) to make up a class.  The available dates would be in March or April of 2018.  It is an 8 Hour Advanced Police Motorcycle Skills class, offered by ProRider.  (www.proriderdallas.com)  I took this course a couple of years ago.  It is tough, tiring, and extremely helpful.

If you would be interested, please let me know soon so we can get the class set up.

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain
      Photographer, Midway Route (2019, 2020,. 2021)
      SITREP Author, (2019, 2020, 2021)
      Road Guard, Midway Route (2017, 2018)
      Road Guard, Southern Route (2016)
      Tail Gunner, Southern Route (2015)
      FNG, Southern Route (2014)

JuiceJuice
      Participant

Hoofer,

Put my name in the hat and keep me posted on dates

Philip "Juice" Tutton
      Uh-1D/H crewchief. 1985-2000
      2015 FNG SR
      2016 SR Participant
      2017 SR ATW
      2018 SR ATW RGIT
      "No mission too difficult, No sacrifice too great"

DeeDee
      Participant

I highly recommend this training. I took the course in Phoenix, AZ. on 11/18/17. Regardless of the skill level you have now, your skills will be improved at the end of the day. Time and money well spent!

See you in May

Dee

Participant

I’m getting a voucher for this class for Christmas. Is your scheduled class at a discounted rate or normal price?

Proper grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

… Is your scheduled class at a discounted rate or normal price?

I don’t know yet.  It will depend on how many people are in the class.  In the past, He has given a discount for a full group.

I will post the date as soon as the Instructor can pin it down.  (He is an active duty police officer.  He has to work the classes around his shift schedule.)  However, we are looking at either the first or second Saturday in April.

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Participant

Well, I’ll tell the wife to hold off on the voucher and spend the money elsewhere for Christmas. Put me down as a guaranteed attendee for the class.

Proper grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

I now have dates for an Advanced Rider Course in Dallas, Texas.  Here is the information I received this evening:

Jim

March 31 and April 14 should work for me. You can have them go to the website and sign up for the class. The Dates will not be listed on the calendar just yet, but they can go ahead and sign up. The cost of the Course will be $125. They will pay $150 and once the class is completed they will get a $25 refund. Try to fill the March 31 class, then we will work on the April 14. I can handle up to 8 but would rather keep the class to 6 if possible. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The following people are on the list for March 31.  Please let me know if you still want this class and are available on that date.  I will then send final details for registration.

March 31, 2018

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain
      Philip “Juice” Tutton
      “Road Hazard”
      Jon “Weasel” Meleshenko
      Pace “Pawkee” Bonner
      James “TinMan” Gibbs
      Shannon “Wonder Woman” Spake and Husband (possible for both.)

This would fill the first class.

If there are others that need/want this course, let me know and we can get the second date pinned down.  Please do not register for EITHER of the classes until I have you on my list.  (And then let me know that you HAVE registered once I send you the details.)

Remember, for those in an RFTW Leaderhip position, an Advanced Rider Course is required.  RFTW will reimburse you for $100, making your final cost for this class only $25.

For those coming into Dallas from out-of-town, I have plenty of room at my house for you to stay.

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain
      Midway Road Guard
      [email protected]

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

I now have dates for an Advanced Rider Course in Dallas, Texas. Here is the information I received this evening:

Jim

March 31 and April 14 should work for me. You can have them go to the website and sign up for the class. The Dates will not be listed on the calendar just yet, but they can go ahead and sign up. The cost of the Course will be $125. They will pay $150 and once the class is completed they will get a $25 refund. Try to fill the March 31 class, then we will work on the April 14. I can handle up to 8 but would rather keep the class to 6 if possible. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The following people are on the list for March 31. Please let me know if you still want this class and are available on that date.  I will then send final details for registration.

March 31, 2018
      Jim McCrain  “Hoofer”
      Philip Tutton “Juice”
      “Road Hazard”
      Jon Meleshenko “Weasel”
      Pace Bonner “Pawkee”
      James Gibbs “TinMan”
      Shannon Spake “Wonder Woman” and Husband (possible for both.)
      This would fill the first class.

If there are others that need/want this course, let me know and we can get the second date pinned down. Please do not register for EITHER of the classes until I have you on my list. (And then let me know that you HAVE registered once I send you the details.)

Remember, for those in an RFTW Road Guard position, an Advanced Rider Course is required. RFTW will reimburse Road Guards $100, once every three years, making your final cost for this class only $25, if you need to renew or get for first time. That being said, it is recommended that all riders take some kind of advanced riders course.

For those coming into Dallas from out-of-town, I have plenty of room at my house for you to stay.

Cheers!

Jim McCrain “Hoofer”
      Midway Road Guard
      [email protected]

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Participant

I’m good for the date. I’m probably not able to complete registration until mid-January, but I am definitely in. Travis Handleson “Road Hazard”.

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

RoadHazard, can you please send me your email address?

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

CORRECTION: RFTW will reimburse $100 for a required Advanced Riders Course, once every three years, for Road Guards, not other Leadership positions.  (An advanced course is required for Road Guards.)

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

salinasmariosalinasmario
      Participant

Hey, if it is not too late to sign up, I would be interested in one of the classes.

Mario Salinas

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Hey, if it is not too late to sign up, I would be interested in one of the classes. Mario Salinas

Mario, send me an email and we can get you signed up.  There are still a couple of openings for both dates.

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Participant

RoadHazard, can you please send me your email address? Hoofer

Sent you an email.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.