Angel Fire Eagle Nest Brick Laying

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      SCOOTER
      Participant

Yes, we will again be laying the bricks at the Vietnam Memorial in Angel Fire over the Labor Day weekend 9/3/22 (Saturday). We are always needing help with this task Thursday and Friday. This cannot be done without your help. Make sure you have reservations as we will still be meeting Friday night and dinner after on Saturday. Menu and price is not set yet but make your reservations ASAP. SCOOTER

lenpar59
      Participant

Are group rates established at Angel Fire Resort or other hotels yet?  Anything we need to tell them when making reservations (group rate code or??)?

Thanks,

Lenp

bill zemina
      Participant

When and how will we be able to order bricks?   I need two, one for my dad and one for my father in law.

thanks,

Bill Z

Nick Hentges
      Keymaster

Brick ordering for this year has reached the limit. The gift shop at the Memorial takes orders for the Bricks online. Any Bricks ordered now will be layed next year.

NOTE: This is not an official Run for the Wall event. This is an gathering of individuals to support the Brick Laying and to gather together. Riders and supporters from all Routes are Welcome.

https://www.vietnamveteransmemorial.org/gift-shop/donations/veterans-memorial-walkway-brick/

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      ATW Central Route 2009-2019-2022
      Tailgunner 2010
      Asst Platoon Leader 2011-2016
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      Road Guard 2022
      Central Route Assistant Route Coordinator 2023

bill zemina
      Participant

Nick,

Thanks for this.

Bill

lenpar59
      Participant

Made reservations at Angel Fire Resort today.  They do have discounts if you ask for “brick laying”.  Still quite a bit higher than last year though.

Myself and two others from Madras, OR plan to leave here August 27th or 28th and arrive on the 1st of September.

Lenp

dougw0411
      Participant

I have reservations at a hotel there in Eagles Nest but cannot find out where to register for the brick laying and dinner for Saturday night. I have looked but cannot find anything other than the brick laying is happining, please advise where to find the above information.  Thank you Doug Warren (Catfish)

Nick Hentges
        Keymaster

Registration for Dinner will be coming soon. We still need to find out the cost for the Dinner so we can put it all together. Once we have finalized this, we will get e newsletter out and also post the information on the Facebook Page as well as here in the forums.

Richboy
        Honolulu Hawaii
        Tailgunner 2010
        Platoon Leader 2017-2019
        Wall to Wall Recon 2019
        Road Guard 2022

Nick Hentges
      Keymaster

Registration is now active for the Workday/Reunion. go to the link below and fill out the form. Please follow the instructions for payment so we can account for everything. Thanks to Kenny “Scooter” Keelin, and Jenny “Lady Jen” Ward as well as many others working behind the scenes for all of the work they have put into making this a successful event!

See you there!!!

https://forms.gle/eBThFFfmY2c9EMfBA

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      Tailgunner 2010
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      Road Guard 2022

stephen.goebel
      Participant

Rooms are pretty expensive this year. I have booked the Econolodge at Eagle Nest Sept 2, and 3 for $396.81. I am looking for a room share for anyone interested at $198.40.

Steve Goebel 970-812-6444

SCOOTER
      Participant

It’s been 3 years since we have stayed in Angel Fire/Eagle Nest. Things have changed business have closed or changed hands some have passed. Prices will be higher so is gas. The Laying of the Bricks is not sponsored/supported by the RFTW so there are no negotiated room rates.

Nick Hentges
      Keymaster

RFTW Workers/Volunteer Agenda  (as of 3 Aug 2022)

Thursday and Friday September 1-2
      Thursday Preparation of grounds and Bricks Time TBD. Location-Memorial
      Friday Evening 2 September, 6 PM
      Reception at Laguna Vista Saloon

Saturday 3 September
      All times are approximate and subject to change.
      7:00 AM Pre-Program Activity & Set Up (Breakfast Sandwiches/Coffee Provided)
      8:30 AM Ceremony at Memorial Flag Pole followed by Brick laying
      11:30 AM 16 USMC Unit Brick Laying
      12 Noon Lunch (Sandwiches, Chips & Drinks Provided for workers/volunteers)
      1:00 PM Reading of Medal of Honor Citations and placing of Bricks
      2:00 PM (Approx.) End of Workday – After last brick is laid the end of workday will conclude next to the helicopter
      5:45 PM Meet at outdoor Pavilion behind Senior Center for a brief Ceremony (Pledge of Allegiance, Prayer, Announcements) (50 N Tom Boy Dr, Eagle Nest, NM 87718).
      6:00 PM Taco Dinner and Rider’s Forum at the Senior Center (50 N Tom Boy Dr, Eagle Nest, NM 87718).
      Dinner will be Tacos, Beans, Rice and 4 layer dessert.

Sunday 4 September
      8:00 AM Church Services at Angel Fire Memorial Chapel
      After Church Ride to various local areas (if we have enough interest)

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      Tailgunner 2010
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      Road Guard 2022

Dannette Sifford
      Participant

I know the question has been asked but haven’t seen an answer…Are there group rates for hotels?

Nick Hentges
        Keymaster

Since this is not an official Run for the Wall event, there are no group rates available. The Angel Fire resort may give a discount if you mention Run for the Wall, but no guarantees.

Richboy
        Honolulu Hawaii
        Tailgunner 2010
        Platoon Leader 2017-2019
        Wall to Wall Recon 2019
        Road Guard 2022

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.