Bathroom Breaks

Home Forums General Discussion Bathroom Breaks

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      BirdBird
      Participant

Kind of an embarrassing question, but how do bathroom breaks work?  I will be on a trike which as far as I can tell means I am at the back of the pack and last to be fueled.  I assume as soon as the trikes fuel we roll.  I only ask because I have a kidney condition and take water pills.  I’m sure it is workable but just looking at my options

Chris "Bird" Earley
      USAF 1975 - 1995
      American Legion Riders 209
      CR 2017 FNG

ReconMiltReconMilt
      Participant

Working Staging Teams on the SR in 14 and 15, the Trikes have had no problems getting to the Latrine, there are woods in some locations, snakes, ticks, chiggers and poison ivy

1SG Army 1966-88, 11B5MQ8, RVN 1967-68, 70-71 Southern Route, FNG 10, Staging TM 14 & Leader 15, TG 5th PLT 16, PL/APL 6th PLT 17, PL 7th PLT 18.

Participant

Takes about 25 minutes to fuel everyone and stage, then we hit the head.  Lines depending on route and fuel stop can be long.  If at a truck stop there are two mens bathrooms and two womens bathrooms at most of them.  The one for truckers is usually large enough to keep the lines down.  As for time to get it done there is plenty.  I have done the CR 9 times, and the last 6 times I am the last bike in line for fuel, and usually by the time I get to the bathroom there really is not a line.

DD
      Participant

Central route alternates platoons’ positions so Platoon 1 is not always in front.  Sometimes the trikes are in front and not destined to be last in at every stop.  Southern route does not do that; at least they did not in 2015.  Check with route leadership and see what they plan for 2017.

D

SidewinderSidewinder
      Participant

No such thing as a dumb or embarrassing question on the Forum, Kegkaiser. You would be amazed at the questions asked and the topics discussed here over the years. Main thing to remember is if you have a question, someone else probably does too, but is shy about asking. Those of us who have gone before, however are not shy about answering and offering our vast experience and our profound, yet humble, opinions on pretty much any subject pertaining to getting you safely across the country.

Sidewinder

Remember, the price of freedom is written on the Wall.
      U.S. Navy '68-'74 USS Gridley DLG-21
      FNG ATW SR 2012, Part 2013-14, ATW 2015-16-17-18, APL3 SR 2016, APL3 SR 2017, PL5 SR 2018, PL2 SR 2019

DragonDragon
      Participant

I’ve found the Ontario morning departure lacking facilities for so many of us waiting in line and nervous about leaving.  Just saying!

RFTW SR ATW
      2015 FNG
      2016 Staging Team
      2017 Assistant Staging Team Leader
      2018 Staging Team Leader
      2019 Assistant Staging Team Leader
      2020 Staging Team Leader

GonzoGonzo
      Participant

No such thing as a stupid question on here.  You should have plenty of time for bathroom breaks.  Ontario is a little challenging, but just make sure you don’t wait till the last minute.

Road Guard - Southern Route
      --------------------------
      Operation Iraqi Freedom
      CVMA Chapter 6-3

DragonDragon
      Participant

Gonzo, copy that and better planning this year will help me.  Thanks!

RFTW SR ATW
      2015 FNG
      2016 Staging Team
      2017 Assistant Staging Team Leader
      2018 Staging Team Leader
      2019 Assistant Staging Team Leader
      2020 Staging Team Leader

Participant

most of the fuel stops on the the Southern route are 40 to 45 mins and as we fuel in about 20 mins that leaves enough time for a bathroom break and time to visit the hydration trailer, if we do a fuel and go its because we are headed for a stop with bathrooms

Sothern route FNG2008 ATW,2009PART,2010,2011ATW, TG2012,APL2013,APL2014,PL2015,PL2016,PL2017
      A troop 2/17th Air CAV 101st ABN. DIV. RVN 69-70
      Retired U.S. Army

VAFishVAFish
      Participant

As others have said, bathroom breaks should not be a problem.

I was amazed how well organized and efficient the ride was, things moved fast, but I never felt rushed.

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.