Bikes and trikes with Trailers

Home Forums General Discussion Bikes and trikes with Trailers

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Wally Gator
      Participant

Hi to everybody I was setting here and was thinking about this years mission and yes it’s October but never to early to start getting thing ready both on the Bike or the Trike and the trailer if you are going to tow one .  I have a list of things I start doing in the winter months because  I live in Michigan and it’s hard to get some of the thing done here like taking the bike to the dealer for a checkup or new tires witch they never have, Oil change,  air filter  and the cost is $$$.   I order everything on line and do it myself but there are some people they may want to have the service done for them and there nothing wrong with that.  I pull a tent trailer yep (trailer trash) each year I pull the wheels off and check everything the bearing the lights the rims tire frame for cracks and  wiring and the chains yes your trailer needs chains to go on the run  and if you have a home made trailer check the rules on the web site for home made trailers.  Those of you it’s going to be your first time on the run start talk with other that have been on the run everybody will help you, you will become family on and off the run.

Retired city employee
      USN 76 to 80 USS Raleigh LPD 1
      USNR 80 to 91 USS Duncan FFG

ATW 14,16,17.18,19 Tail gunner 17,18 and 19

randychapman80
      Participant

My wife wants to go and she is a vet with trike and trailer pet. Just want to check if she can  We travel a lot I ride mine and she trailers with hers  anyone can send me a link to rules and which group  I am already signed up to start midway Amarillo Tx  midway rye from Colorado  just checking on her

randychapman80
      Participant

My wife wants to go and she is a vet with trike and trailer pet. Just want to check if she can  We travel a lot I ride mine and she trailers with hers  anyone can send me a link to rules and which group  I am already signed up to start midway Amarillo Tx  midway rye from Colorado  just checking on her

Captain
      Participant

Mid Route, like Southern Route has Platoons for Trikes and also Trikes with Trailers.

should not be a problem for her to register and ride with her trailer and her pet!

welcome home!

Capt, USN (Ret)
      SR RGC 2020
      SR RGC 2019
      SR RGC 2018
      SR RG Scout 2017
      SR RG 2015, 2016
      FNG SR ATW 2014

randychapman80
      Participant

thank you sir, for the response. 👍🇺🇸

Ghost Rider
      Participant

Randy, she would be in the platoon for trikes with trailers. That is becoming a popular group as more riders move to trikes. The pets may be a different issue. Trained Service Animals are allowed in the meetings and meals. I would strongly advise bringing their papers in case she is asked for them. It is illegal to ask what the need or disability is but it is legal to require proof of Service Animal training. Emotional support animals is a grey area at some venues but generally are not allowed in areas where meals are being served and must be on a lease. Pets are not allowed in meal areas and must be leashed at all times they are not in a carrier or trailer. Be aware that they will be exposed to temps over 100 degrees coming across the desert.

Ray Wyatt
      2017 Southern Route Coordinator
      2016 Southern Route Assistant Route Coordinator
      2014-15 Road Guard Captain
      2011-2013, 2018 -2019 Road Guard
      Mission > Self

randychapman80
      Participant

We have chairs that come with so places not allowed is fine one stays with trailer bike then we switch off etc. This is not a service animal and goes everywhere with so we will never bend or break rules and believe me we research and abide by so there will never be any issues. I know closer to Arlington and DC probably very strict so I’m checking place to have available pet care for memorial weekend so we can participate together.
      Thank you for giving information to plan accordingly.
      Randy Chapman.

Jim McCrain
      Participant

We have chairs that come with so places not allowed is fine one stays with trailer bike then we switch off etc.

Randy,

Welcome to the Midway Route, and to RFTW!  We are glad to have you with us!

I would like to point out that ALL PARTICPANTS are requested to attend the programs and presentations made by our hosts.  They work very hard all year long, and sacrifice their money and time to feed us.  The least that we can do is pay attention during their presentations.  Deciding who is going to miss the presentation to sit with the dogs is a tough decision.  I understand the reluctance to leave the pets behind.  But please remember that this is a MISSION, and not a vacation.  We Ride for those that can’t, and to remember the sacrifices made for our Freedoms.

Now with that being said, if you still feel the need to bring your pet along with you, you will all be welcomed!  Just know that there will be times when at least one of you cannot participate in the activities that are planned.

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Midway Route Photographer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain
      Photographer, Midway Route (2019, 2020,. 2021)
      SITREP Author, (2019, 2020, 2021)
      Road Guard, Midway Route (2017, 2018)
      Road Guard, Southern Route (2016)
      Tail Gunner, Southern Route (2015)
      FNG, Southern Route (2014)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.