Camping in Arlington

Home Forums General Discussion Camping in Arlington

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      CH54CH54
      Participant

I’ve camped at the Assembly of God Church in Arlington before but I left Sunday morning. Can we still camp there Sunday night? I’m planning on doing Rolling Thunder and looking for a place to go when it’s over.

CR ATW 13,14,15. Participant 16, ATW 17, Participant18. ATW19

Robert KasmerchekRobert Kasmerchek
      Participant

I Do not know the answer to your question but what I can tell you is this I know that the camp campgrounds at Burke Lake Park is a place you could go to and it seem like it is cheep per day and this on the list of hotel what I’m think of doing is this stay at the church and then move if I have to on sunday or monday to this place I hope this help you

is it May yet

Participant

I have camped at the Church the past 7 years,  we head for home on Tuesday mornings. you will be good for monday..

VAFishVAFish
      Participant

If for some reason they don’t allow you to stay this year, you can pitch a tent in my back yard.

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

Participant

I’ve camped at the church several years and staying through the Monday Holiday has never been a problem. Sister Theresa has always welcomed me like I belong there as she does anybody that walks in. They run a daily meals program for the locals so I’d bet you could camp there any night of the year and be welcome. Just a great bunch of folks!

CH54CH54
      Participant

Thanks for all the answers,  and especially for your offer vafish.  I had heard they wanted us gone Sunday morning.  Bunch of fine people there at the Assembly of God. Think I’ll stay there Sunday night and head back to Az on Monday.

CR ATW 13,14,15. Participant 16, ATW 17, Participant18. ATW19

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.