Can Passenger Ride in Chase Vehicle

Home Forums General Discussion Can Passenger Ride in Chase Vehicle

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      RadarRadar
      Participant

If a passenger can’t make a full days ride, can they ride with one of the chase vehicles when we stop for fuel?

FNG 2018
      Going the hard way... HD 1200T Sportster
      USAF 1986-2006
      Desert Sheild, Desert Storm
      Kosovo, Bosnia
      Afghanistan X 4, Iraq X 3
      Spook Missions ??

Pretty BoyPretty Boy
      Keymaster

This might be possible depending on reason, medical condition, etc.

Kirk "Pretty Boy" Olson
      Route Road Guard Captain - Central Route
      Central Route Road Guard - 2010-2019

Participant 2009, 2015 | All the Way 2010-2014, 2016-2020
      2012 BMW K1600GT

Participant

Plenty of empty Back Seats on the run…  Make a friend with an Ultra or a GW put your passenger on one.  Only problem I see is that you may be trading up to a bigger bike for the ride home..

Participant 2008
      All the way 2009
      Vietnam Vet 67-68

Participant

You might want to investigate with the cagers that are on the Run. The “empty space” in the chase trucks would be for riders and their passengers who break down or require the chase truck service. Perhaps you should ask how many cages will be on your route and make contact with them directly.

Tom Wistrand

“Ziptie”

Midway Route, Rear Road Guard

RadarRadar
      Participant

Thanks for the input everybody… I’m not looking for valet service, just trying to plan a head. I don’t need anybody to carry my underwear, just thought it may be easier to carry a spare tire or two versus a broke bike and it’s driver and passenger…

My passenger does have a medical issue, but USUALLY can ride a 500 mile day trip and was trying to get a feel of the options available if she wasn’t able to make a long day. I would rather know now than during the ride.

I can carry my own weight and don’t need any hand holding, but being my first trip I want to ensure my passenger and I don’t inconvenience anybody unnecessarily…

Is there any events that require dress clothes of any kind? Or is just levis and general riding clothes sufficient?

Thanks again for all the input….

I just might end up getting that CVO I am looking at. I just thought it would be an accomplishment to take the Sporty…

Merry Christmas…

FNG 2018
      Going the hard way... HD 1200T Sportster
      USAF 1986-2006
      Desert Sheild, Desert Storm
      Kosovo, Bosnia
      Afghanistan X 4, Iraq X 3
      Spook Missions ??

VAFishVAFish
      Participant

No dress clothes needed, everything is biker wear appropriate (ie jeans and t-shirts)

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.