CB Switch on 2014 Harley and newer

Home Forums General Discussion CB Switch on 2014 Harley and newer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If you have a CB on your bike. I like this because I think it is a safety issue. Take your bike into a dealer and have CB switched with your Cruise Control switch. Now not all dealers know about this yet, you can tell them to call the factory. What they do is make a change to the computer and put on new grey switches. The cost is different at each dealer I paid $27.00 my buddy in Calif. paid $67.00. Why I like it and think it is a safety issue. Trying to work your CB switch and operating your throttle at the same time. Everyone that has had it done loves it. Safety is always a great thing.

Participant

Steve Solari
      FNG SR 2013
      ATW SR 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
      SR Asst Fuel Crew Leader 2019
      ALR-RC Post 66 Green Valley, Az.
      Az. Patriot Guard Rider
      Proud to be an American

CowboyCowboy
      Participant

Had mine done, didn’t  brother changing switches. I don’t  look at them  , why change to grey. Gonzo  switched switches himself, no need to buy grey ones.

Cowboy

RFTW 89, 95, 2002-

GonzoGonzo
      Participant

The “theory” is that the kit includes gray switches to signify that a change has been made from stock config.  I had mine reprogrammed and switched the stock switches.  They pull straight off and will press back on as long as you’re careful with it.

Road Guard - Southern Route
      --------------------------
      Operation Iraqi Freedom
      CVMA Chapter 6-3

LurchLurch
      Participant

The Tech bulletin needed by the service technician to perform the switch change in the software is TT460.  I had mine done this week and they just switched the stock switch caps afterwards.

2008 SR ATW FNG
      2016 SR ATW
      2017 SR ATW
      2018 SR TG 3rd Platoon
      2019 SR APL 4th Plaroon

WizardWizard
      Participant

Who can read the labels anyway?  Just have the programming done and forget doing anything to the physical switches.  It was .5 hr labor in Beaumont, TX

Retired Army E-7
      Former Honor Guard Coordinator, SR
      Former Tail Gunner, SR
      Former Ambassador SR
      Risk Management Officer, SR 2021

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.