CORYDON INDIANA 2017

Home Forums General Discussion CORYDON INDIANA 2017

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Happy New Year and Here We Go RFTW 2017.

As the Asst Indiana State Coord, (asst to the Great & Wonderful OZ) I want to establish this thread so I can help you with any needs, concerns or questions you may have about the RFTW Over-night in Corydon Tues May 23rd – We May 24th.

Looking forward to a great RFTW 2017 & CYa in Corydon

BearcatBearcat
      Participant

THANKS for all you do for all of us on CR!! Corydon is one (of the many) stops I look forward to each year!!  Looking forward to stopping there this year!!

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!
      Viet Nam 70-71
      US Army (Ret 1993)
      CR Participant 2014 & 2015 & 2019
      CR ATW 2016, CR ATW 2017, CR ATW 2018
      AZ PGR
      AZ ALR Post 108, Prescott Valley, AZ

VAFishVAFish
      Participant

Thanks we plan on riding west from DC and meeting  up with RFTW in Corydon this year.

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

Participant

Great !! Hope you have a safe Run to the Run. Let me know if you need anything around Corydon.

Safe Riding!

J.R.

VAFishVAFish
      Participant

We are riding out to Evansville, IN on the 22nd, then get up to tour LST-325 on the 23rd and ride to Corydon that afternoon.

If you have any suggestions for camping or a place to stay near Evansville I’m all ears.

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

DEANODEANO
      Participant

CORYDON FISH FRY!!!!!!…….I just drooled a little

I can't breath if the wind isn't in my face

PopsPops
      Participant

I always look forward to the Boy Scout bike wash.  Hope they will be there again this year.

Randy "Pops " Vogel
      RFTW, Central Route, ATW 2014-15-16-17-18-19-20
      USAF 1966-1970
      PGR, KC / NW Missouri

Participant

Thanks Pops !

I’ll pass that along. A little encouragement ( and a few bucks in the Tip Jar) goes a long ways.

CYa Soon!

Participant

After getting Pops message I found the local Scout Leader and the Boy Scouts will be doing a Bike Wash at the Fairgrounds during the Fish Fry Supper.

Thanks Pops for mentioning this, I passed along your appreciation to the Scouts.

Participant

VAFISH,  Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to talk to a friend that knows the camping around Southern Indiana pretty well before I responded.

If you are wanting to stay close to Evansville, slip south across the Ohio River on Hwy 41 through Henderson Ky to John James Audubon State Park.

Part of the way to Corydon from Evansville, right off I-64 is Yellow Banks Recreation Center. It gets great reviews.

A little farther east towards Corydon, just south of I-64 in Perry County Indiana are (2) really nice Lake Campgrounds, Indian-Celina Recreation Area and Tipsaw Lake Recreation Area. Both are really nice.

Hope this helps.

Safe Travels & CYa at RFTW2017

J.R.

Email:  [email protected]

Redleg (aka. Sloke)Redleg (aka. Sloke)
      Participant

The Fish Fry is one of my most fond memories from my FNG run.  Thanks for working so hard to make the Run a success.

Daniel W. Slocum
      CPT US Army RET
      ATW CR FNG 2016, CR Participant 2018
      Canceled: 2020 Midway Tailgunner 2nd Platoon

Participant

Sloke,

Thanks for your comment. Look forward to meeting you on RFTW-2017.

I have the best position with RFTW of anybody. I have a great State Coordinator, OZ to keep me straight and the Corydon / Harrison County community has a number of people that work so hard to show their appreciation to our Veterans.

When we give out the awards at the Fish Fry, please give the people and groups recognized a round of applause.

Participant

Laundry Service Available at Corydon Overnight

Recenty “Bones” asked about the possibility of the Coin Laundry by the Motels staying open later than normal so the Riders could do some laundry. I spoke with the Operator and she is very willing to stay open and said she would remain there as late as needed if one of us was there doing Laundry.

Beyond this, she mentioned that they have “Drop Off” service and if any Riders want to drop some laundry they will process it for $1.00/pound. She said there are some up-charges for Hanging or Folding, etc. I asked her if somebody dropped of a dozen separate batches from Riders, could they pick them up later that evening after supper and she said “absolutely”.

Let me know if you would be interested in Laundry Services.

CYa soon!

J.R. Eckart

Asst Indiana State Coordinator

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.