Creature Comfort

Home Forums General Discussion Creature Comfort

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      DuffyDuffy
      Participant

Recommendations for a cooling vest for riding back west in the warmer weather.  Don’t have any experience with this type of apparel but age is catching up with me and I’d prefer to be a bit more comfortable riding back in warmer weather.  Thanks much, and looking forward to the Run!

Duffy

Road DawgRoad Dawg
      Participant

I use HyperKewl.  Soak in the sink for a few minutes in the morning and place in a plastic trash bag.  Roll the bag up to get the best air tight seal and tuck it away.  I was usually good until the first gas stop.  I then would put it on.  Re-soak at each stop.  Put it on dripping wet.  My pants would be wet from all the water dripping out but was dry in 5/6 miles.  When we would stop my skin under the vest was cool to touch.  Worked great.  You can find them online for under $50.

Road Dawg

I may have to grow old...but I don't have to grow up

Participant

Colorado coolvest is what I have. One of the longest lasting because of what they fill it with… Takes a while to soak from dry..

http://www.coloradocoolwear.com/

I live in Phoenix so I know of what I speak..

Participant 2008
      All the way 2009
      Vietnam Vet 67-68

DuffyDuffy
      Participant

Thanks much for the info on cooling vests Will surely look into these, appreciate the sharing.

Duffy

Participant

Duffy, it is very important to cover the vest with another article of clothing to limit evaporation. If you don’t it will likely be bone dry within the first 50 miles.

DuffyDuffy
      Participant

Ziptie,

thanks much, surely will remember that good “heads-up”

Duffy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.