• January 8, 2019 at 10:19 am #10463
    Jim McCrainJim McCrain
    Participant

HOOFERS HOOLIGANS 2019!
    May 9 – 12, 2019.
    Arlington, Texas to Ontario, California.

I have been busy making plans, revising itineraries, and checking logistics. I am really close to announcing the 2019 itinerary for this “Run To The Run” but wanted to give you a little “heads up” about it.

We will be changing the route “slightly” for 2019, taking a more scenic route and staying off of the interstate highways a little longer. This is NOT the same route as the CDR-North a few years ago! We are still staying south of the mountains.  Jerry (AROC) Lanier and I scouted this route last month, and we both think you will enjoy it.  The “new route” is actually 11 miles shorter than the “old” route!

Our new route will have the following over-night stops:
    May 9 – Lamesa, TX.
    May 10 – Deming, NM
    May 11 – Tempe/Phoenix, AZ
    May 12 – Ontario CA

I will have Hotel information coming soon. (Probably next week.)

As usual, there will be stops made along the way for “Tour Of Honor” visitations. (Always optional!)

Stay tuned for more information. This will be a really nice ride.

DISCLAIMER: “Hoofers Hooligans” is NOT affiliated with Run For The Wall. We are simply a group of like-minded Riders traveling to a common destination. We emphasize safe travel, camaraderie, and fun, in that order.

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain
    Photographer, Midway Route (2019)
    Road Guard, Midway Route (2017, 2018, 2019)
    Road Guard, Southern Route (2016)
    Tail Gunner, Southern Route (2015)
    FNG, Southern Route (2014)

• January 8, 2019 at 2:01 pm #10466
    SWAMBOSWAMBO
    Participant

YAY!!!

I’ve been watching the forums for this post. Thank you for organizing this run. My husband and I plan to ride over with you guys.

Looking forward to the itinerary.

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart the things you don't want to feel." ~ Johnny Depp

FNG, Central Route, ATW 2019
    Wife of a US Marine
    Mother of a US Airman
    Aunt of a US Marine
    Relative to many Veterans
    Grateful to all Troops for my Freedom

• January 9, 2019 at 9:41 am #10474
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Welcome to the Family, Swambo!  And to becoming one of the “Hooligans” too!  Where will you be joining us?  I will have more details coming soon (hotel list) so keep coming back to the forum.

Cheers!

Hoofer!

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• January 9, 2019 at 6:26 pm #10493
    SWAMBOSWAMBO
    Participant

Thank you.

We are in east Texas, will ride over the first morning to join the run, wherever it is you start.

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart the things you don't want to feel." ~ Johnny Depp

FNG, Central Route, ATW 2019
    Wife of a US Marine
    Mother of a US Airman
    Aunt of a US Marine
    Relative to many Veterans
    Grateful to all Troops for my Freedom

• January 11, 2019 at 8:26 am #10508
    LaneLane
    Participant

My husband (former Marine) and I will be among the FNG’s this year doing the Midway Route.  We are really excited to be a part of this amazing group for the ride.  We live in Mesa, Az. With your stop in the Tempe/Phoenix area we should be along your route. We are offering to provide dinner here for the group if that would fit your plans.  I would just need numbers as it gets closer to the date  to insure there’s enough food and drinks. Let me know. Again, looking forward to the ride!

Lane Flynn

• January 11, 2019 at 9:47 am #10512
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Howdy Lane!

I will definitely be seeing you during the Run.  I am the Midway Route Photographer as well as a Road Guard!  Welcome to our Family!

Please send me a private message and we can discuss your generous offer.  (jim at mccrain dot net)

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• January 11, 2019 at 8:35 am #10511
    PelicanPelican
    Participant

Lane and husband, WELCOME to the Run For The Wall family, and WELCOME HOME.

You do know that the group you just invited over for dinner is called “….Hooligans” for some reason!! Ha Ha I’m just teasing ya. ( Aw heck, a Marine can handle em.)

Be prepared for an experience like no other on the Run.

Ride Safe

Pelican – APL 2nd Platoon, Midway

"I never met a man I didn't like"...will rogers

• January 11, 2019 at 10:01 am #10513
    LaneLane
    Participant

We should fit right in! Thanks

Lane Flynn

• January 11, 2019 at 10:05 pm #10567
    imjrnokcimjrnokc
    Participant

Jim,

Sounds like a great opportunity.  I’m riding out to Ontario as well, MWR ATW.  Ran with Platoon 4 last year and will be joining that Platoon again this year.  It’s short 6 hour ride down to LeMesa for me I can come down the day before and be ready for KU next morning.  I’m getting excited!

Gerald Richerson
    U.S. Navy 69-72
    USS Rathburne DE-1057

• January 14, 2019 at 9:50 am #10581
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Howdy Gerald!

Glad to have you with us!  I think you will enjoy this trip.  I have a few “surprises” in store for everyone (again!).  I have also confirmed that we WILL have at least one donated meal during our stay in Tempe/Phoenix at the American Legion Post 138.  (They do this every year for the Hooligans, and I am so very thankful for them!) . The El Paso Vietnam Veterans Memorial Committee is planning to meet us at the Old Glory and VV Wall again, as well.

I will post more details soon, including the Hotel list.

Cheers!

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• January 14, 2019 at 10:58 am #10584
    imjrnokcimjrnokc
    Participant

Hoofer,

Thanks for the update.  I’m thinking about camping this time, is anyone in the group camping?  Just trying to get my sites lined up if this is what I decide to do.  Only 114 days until launch date I’m pumped.

JR

Gerald Richerson
    U.S. Navy 69-72
    USS Rathburne DE-1057

• January 16, 2019 at 12:13 pm #10633
    Participant

Hoofer, are you planning to take Hwy 180 from Mineral Wells to Lamesa?  That sure is a pretty run and follows I 20 west.

Hillbilly

• January 17, 2019 at 5:57 pm #10647
    PachPach
    Participant

I’m in.  See you in Deming.

US Air Force 1971-1978
    RFTW FNG SR 2018 ATW

• February 2, 2019 at 10:02 am #10726
    Participant

Hoofer, have decided on a route to Lamesa? Would like to join up somewhere between there and Mineral Wells if possible

Hillbilly

• February 14, 2019 at 1:56 pm #10947
    Jim McCrainJim McCrain
    Participant

HOOFER’S HOOLIGANS 2019 ITINERARY!

The updated 2019 information for our ride can be found at http://www.mccrain.net/hooligans2019.

This page has some basic information as well as links to a printable pdf for the itinerary and hotel list.

There are a few NEW items for 2019, including TWO donated dinners, NEW hotels in NEW overnight stops, NEW route, and NEW scenic stops!  There will also some of our annual favorites, such as the visit to the El Paso Vietnam Veterans Memorial and the “7 O’clock Toast” at the Tempe American Legion Post #138.  I urge EVERYONE to join us for these two events, even if you aren’t riding with the Hooligans!

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• February 14, 2019 at 5:35 pm #10950
    LaneLane
    Participant

Michael and I would like to join you for the ride from the Phoenix area into Ontario on the 12th.  Again, we are FNG’s.   We would like to join for the meal at the American legion and meet the others.  We still have the open offer for free rooms for the night.  I have 2 bedrooms available for anyone that wants to save a dime or two.  We live in the north Mesa area so it will be very convenient to link up early in the morning.

Lane Flynn

• February 15, 2019 at 1:46 am #10954
      imjrnokcimjrnokc
      Participant

Hello, your offer for a bed on our night 3 sounds like a bargain.  I’m camping so by day 3 I’ll certainly need a shower and if possible run a load of cloths in your washer, please?  You can contact me directly at [email protected].

Jerry

Gerald Richerson
      U.S. Navy 69-72
      USS Rathburne DE-1057

• February 15, 2019 at 1:43 am #10953
    imjrnokcimjrnokc
    Participant

Jim,

Just looked at the route and it sounds like a great ride.  I believe I will be running Tail Gunner for Platoon 4 so I’m really excited about that.  Still no takers for camping?

Gerald Richerson
    U.S. Navy 69-72
    USS Rathburne DE-1057

• February 15, 2019 at 7:53 am #10961
      LaneLane
      Participant

Jerry,  One is yours…just sent you an email message

Lane Flynn

• March 4, 2019 at 9:26 am #11211
    HardcaseHardcase
    Participant

Hoofer,

Posted this Sat to my post but figured I would add it here to. Have made all the hotel reservations except GP, TX.

Tony “Cruiser” and I would enjoy being apart of your group. We were able to slip the schedule and need to be in Ontario Midday on the 12th but that should not pose a problem.

I noticed y’all are meeting on the 9th at International House Of Pancakes (IHOP) in Grand Prairie.  Is this the correct address: 4103 S Carrier Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75052? We will come in the night before and meet there.

BTW I am on a trike and may have a trailer this year.

Mike “Hardcase” Poirier
    Chaplain, S.R.

Mike "Hardcase" Poirier
    Chaplain, S.R.

• March 4, 2019 at 1:03 pm #11213
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

Howdy Hardcase and Cruiser!  Welcome to the Hooligans!

Stay tuned for a possible NEW LOCATION for the Breakfast Gathering on March 16.  (THIRD Saturday Breakfast Gathering.)

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• March 7, 2019 at 3:23 pm #11256
    DEANODEANO
    Participant

Hey Jim.  Looking forward to the annual arrival of Hoofers Hooligans.  We need to make this one better than the rest.  Sadly, the owner of our building, is selling the property, and we don’y have 750k to buy it.

American Legion Post 138 will live on, we just don’t know where, or when. We built this place on a shoe string budget from a shell of block to what it is today, and we’ll do it again.

I hope the Hotel e-mail link worked out well for everybody.  I checked this place out personally, and it’s as nice as most all Motels/hotels we stop at along the way.

If you hear of a well off veteran lover, that would like to invest in us, send them our way. We need a miracle!

God Bless our Vets.       God bless America

I can't breath if the wind isn't in my face

• April 15, 2019 at 10:10 am #11766
    Jim McCrainJim McCrain
    Participant

Hoofer’s Hooligans!

Just a reminder that you need to make your hotel reservations SOON! The Hotel in Demming still has space available for us, but the room block will be closed after April 26. (The Hotel Manager is eager to meet us, by the way. Her Family just lost an Uncle to Agent Orange related issues.)

So make those reservations and get ready. If anyone needs a roommate, be sure to post your request. This will be a good ride out West.

Cheers!

“Hoofer”

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• April 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm #11771
    LaneLane
    Participant

We still have a bedroom available in Mesa, Az for the night if anyone wants it

Lane Flynn

• April 18, 2019 at 12:08 pm #11894
    HardcaseHardcase
    Participant

Hi Y’all, Tony AKA “Cruiser” had to bow out of this years Run due to new job conflict. I have the hotels all booked starting in Dallas/Arlington on May 8th all the way to Phoenix/Tempe on the 11th (arrive in Ontario on 12th)

Looking for someone to share expenses.

Mike "Hardcase" Poirier
    Chaplain, S.R.

• April 28, 2019 at 7:49 am #12102
    Manny4806Manny4806
    Participant

Hoofer,

Me and the Wizard  ( Mike Turner } would like join

you and your merry group of travelers in Deming NM.

Sounds like a good break from the inter state from east Texas.

Robert   [Manny]  Manuel

Ambassador SR.

R.P. Manuel

• April 29, 2019 at 8:37 am #12114
    Participant

Greatings, I live in Newalla OK. This will be my first time on the ride. I am leaving May 9th. Could I pick you up in Lamesa TX? What motel will you be using? You will be spending the night the 9th in Lamesa right? My email is [email protected]

• April 29, 2019 at 2:23 pm #12127
    Jim McCrainJim McCrain
    Participant

Howdy Wiscoma, Manny, and Wizard!

I am more than happy to have ALL of you ride with the Hooligans this year!  Check out the “official” website for details, itineraries, and Hotel lists.

http://www.mccrain.net/hooligans2019

It should be a pretty good ride!

Cheers!

Jim “Hoofer” McCrain

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• May 6, 2019 at 10:12 pm #12221
    imjrnokcimjrnokc
    Participant

Hoofer,

Change of plan. I plan to meet up with the Hooligans in Sweetwater for lunch. What time do you expect your arrival?

Jerry

Gerald Richerson
    U.S. Navy 69-72
    USS Rathburne DE-1057

• May 7, 2019 at 2:25 pm #12234
    Jim McCrainJim McCrain
    Participant

Jerry, according to the itinerary we should arrive at “Allen Family Style Meals” at 12:30 on Thursday (May 9, 2019).

Address is: 1301 E Broadway Ave.

Sweetwater, TX.

KSU from here is 14:00!

Hoofer

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

• May 7, 2019 at 3:29 pm #12235
      imjrnokcimjrnokc
      Participant

Thank you sir.  See you soon.

JR

Gerald Richerson
      U.S. Navy 69-72
      USS Rathburne DE-1057

• May 9, 2019 at 4:09 pm #12261
    LaneLane
    Participant

Hoofer,  Just wanted to make sure you were aware for leaving out of Tempe on Sunday : Westbound I-10 will be closed between 51st and 67th avenues from 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, to 5 a.m. Monday.  Last weekend it added almost 30 minutes due to traffic for me.

Lane Flynn

• May 9, 2019 at 4:24 pm #12262
    LaneLane
    Participant

Hoofer, sorry the Jan date should not have been included but the info is correct

Lane Flynn

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.