Indiana to Ontario, CA 2021

Home Forums Runs to the Run Indiana to Ontario, CA 2021

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ozoz
      Participant

As normal we leave early and get to Ontario the Friday before we leave, which is the 14th of May. We do 250 to 400 miles a day, depending on the weather and how we feel(old age )  We leave on Sat the 8th  of May.

With all that’s going on this year, have no idea how traveling will be.  Hopefully will be great, but,…. we have extra time for most problems…(fingers crossed)

Day 1 is from IN to MO, I70 to I44

Day 2 MO to OK I44

Day 3/4  OK to Santa Rosa I 40 – sometimes we stay 2 days in Santa Rosa!! Great Place !! Best Western!!

Day 4/5 Santa Rosa to Gallup with stop in Albuquerque to meet friends I 40 (normally a Wed)

** Gallup host hotel is a very good place to stay… hope the scaredemic has not ruined it !!

Day 5/6 Gallup to Kingman I 40  (stay at Best Western in Kingman)

Day 6/7 Kingman to Ontario I 40  Also normally Friday…

Should be 7 days depending on how we stop, normally the 1st day we quit early or leave late which means we are behind, so it becomes 7 days.  Been doing the same route every year for 9 years or so….except the year of the floods,,,,, 🙁

This is our big beak in time since we only get the month of April to ride here in Indiana. So we don’t rush there, plus  the one year the wind was so bad it added a lot of extra time.  We used to leave on Sun  but the extra time of one day makes a big difference.

Probably my last trip out for the Run, old age and health is starting to suck 🙂  Come on warm weather!!!!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.": Benjamin Franklin

When in difficult situations I ask myself "WHAT WOULD CURLY DO?"

ozoz
      Participant

We are still going to do it !!   America is no longer America !!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.": Benjamin Franklin

When in difficult situations I ask myself "WHAT WOULD CURLY DO?"

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.