Indiana to Ontario – May 2020

Home Forums Runs to the Run Indiana to Ontario – May 2020

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ozoz
      Participant

As normal we leave early and get to Ontario the Friday before we leave, which is the 13th of May. We do 250 to 400 miles a day, depending on the weather and how we feel(old age 🙂 )  We leave on Sat the 2nd  of May.

Day 1 is from IN to MO, I70 to I44

Day 2 MO to OK I44

Day 3 OK to Santa Rosa I 40 – sometimes we stay 2 days in Santa Rosa!! Great Place !! Best Western!!

Day 4 Santa Rosa to Gallup with stop in Albuquerque to meet friends I 40 (normally a Wed)

Day 5 Gallup to Kingman I 40

Day 6 Kingman to Ontario I 40  Also normally Friday…

Should be 7 days depending on how we stop, normally the 1st day we quit early or leave late which means we are behind, so it beomes 7 days.  Been doing the same route every year for 9 years… may get it right one of these days.

This is our big beak in time since we only get the month of April to ride here in Indiana. So we don’t rush there, plus  the one year the wind was so bad it added a lot of extra time.  We used to leave on Sun  but the extra time of one day makes a big difference. Old age is going to make it 20 day trip someday 🙂 heheheh

My phone and email are listed in the CR Hub in the 2020 CR Contact list(Plt 4 leader and IN state coor.)

Any questions just let me know!!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.": Benjamin Franklin

When in difficult situations I ask myself "WHAT WOULD CURLY DO?"

Participant

OZ,

Iam leaving from illinoison the 3rd and was wondering where your leaving from and your first nights destination. I planned to stay in joplin MO. my first night but can always change plans but as ive said in previous plans i will be staying in Vegas for 4days to visit with my son  my phone will not show any of your info since RFTW updated their sight cuts off half the page on the right side.

ozoz
      Participant

We leave from Terre Haute, right on the state line of IN/IL.  I dont think we ever made it to Joplin the first day 🙁 …  Rolla, Springfield or Marshfield is about it..  it all depends on weather and how good i feel 🙂  Last year we made great time, but years past we have not….    we meet up with people starting in Santa Rosa and Albuquerque and sometimes after that.  We have one friend that taps out to go to Las Vegas, so not a problem…

I have strange travel habits hehehehehehe

[email protected] ……

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.": Benjamin Franklin

Participant

Oz ,

I live about 15 20 miles from you12 miles north of marshall illinois. I’m gonna make it Las Vegas thursday,

1st night joplin mo.

2nd Amarillo Tx

3rd gallup Nm

4th VEGAS FOR 4 DAYS  ONTARIO  MONDAY. IF I DONT SEE YA ON THE ROAD  BE SAFE N KEEP THE RUBBER ON TH ROAD.

ozoz
      Participant

You will probaly pass us 🙂  Its a easy ride out for us, so we leave late in the morning and check in early afternoon….      its nice being retired…

Ride Safe!!!

Participant

OZ,

Do you mind a trike and trailer and trailer tagging alont on your adventure. Going to check with the boss to ensure shes on board with it. I have your # and will be in touch with ya.

ozoz
        Participant

Sorry my phone is everything but dead…..  works then stops, then works…etc going to have to get a new one this week…. 🙁

I will travel with anyone, but I tend to speed and if traffic is crazy I will go around it some how 🙂  Now the LEO’s will read this and be after me…   My wife gets upset because I don’t stop a lot unless its for gas and I am picky where I stop ehehehhehe  I might be a bit off 🙂

No problems!  I just dont like doing long days, unless my health and weather is great, rarely happens.. Last year was good since we made 2 days into 1 and got to stay in Santa Rosa for 2 days. Would be nice to happen again, but I will not hold my breath…

Ride Safe!!!

Participant

OZ,

Here’s my e mail  [email protected]

Let me know the time and place if you are going to have a meeting meet and greet or where to meet and stage to take off.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.