Kansas or Colorado to Ca 2020

Home Forums Runs to the Run Kansas or Colorado to Ca 2020

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I lost my support crew so now I am looking to hook up with fellow riders headed to Ca for the 2020 RFTW. This would be my first RFTW as well as my 50 year DEROS anniversary from Vietnam. I Do Not have group riding experience (always rode basically alone)  if that helps.

Pat

Participant

There are about 9 of us leaving Kansas City for the Run. If you are interested let me know and I’ll give you details.

Jerry

Participant

Greetings. I’m an FNG this year, living in Wisconsin. What are your travel plans, with dates, route etc.?

–Greg Stenzel

Participant

Greetings. I’m an FNG this year, living in Wisconsin. What are your travel plans, with dates, route etc.?

–Greg Stenzel

Participant

We leave Kansas City the morning of May 7th. We head south on I35 and spend the night in Weatherford OK.. Night 2 in Albuquerque, Night 3 in Goodyear AZ. then arrive in Ontareo the afternoon of May 10.

Participant

I have thought about leaving here (Hays Ks) on or about the 9th or 10th. I would go south on highway 183 for 30 miles to Rush Center Kansas then west on highway 96 to Pueblo Colorado. You’d be going through Indian Country as I like to say meaning there isn’t crap out there other than rattlesnakes, coyotes and Chicken-hawks, so running 80+ is not a problem. From Pueblo I’d get on I-25 south to Albuquerque then I-40 to LA. I know the route very well as I’ve done it many times. Biggest problem is boredom and weather, which a person needs to watch as it can change very quickly. As far as places to stay I am looking at campsites such as KOA’s as they usually have pretty good amenities and showers.

I am or will be 69, and this will be my 50th Anniversary returning from Vietnam. I have a low mileage 2005 Ultra Classic. I also have a friend who has expressed interest in following in my van as a backup vehicle in case of a breakdown.

Let me know what you think. Hays is close to the middle of Kansas on I-70.

Pat

Participant

I haven’t put anything together yet. I live in Hays Kansas and from here it is a little over 1300 miles, so your basically looking at 400 miles/day or 3 days.

Pat

Participant

We have taken the same path to Ca. for the last 9 years. We stay at the same motels every time. I think we will stay with what works for us.

Participant

Thanks for the offer but that puts me over 300 miles out of my way but hopefully will see you there.

Pat

Participant

Jerry,

Thanks for posting your travel plans.

I live in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and if you’re willing to have another rider in your group, I could certainly be in Kansas City at the place and time you designate. I-35 is just a hop, skip, and jump from me.

Here is my contact info:
      619-822-0167 (cell)
      @mac.com">pastorstenzel@mac.com (email)

–Greg

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.