• September 17, 2018 at 3:11 pm #9985
    cornmancornman
    Participant

Its time to start thinking about the 31st Run and riding in honor of someone in the Missing Man Formation.  I have 36 open spots for the Formation.

The requirement is be an FNG or someone who has never honored the position before.  Contact me and we will discuss where along the route you would like to honor someone.

Along with that, this year I will have 10 spots open that will ride next to the Route Coordinator, Wombat, for the day.  The requirement here is be an FNG and have an operational CB with Headset on the Run so you can monitor the conversation and be aware of any upcoming lane changes, exits etc….

If you are interested in either position, contact me so we can get you on the schedule for the 31st RFTW.

Ray “Cornman” Cornmesser

Midway Route Missing Man Coordinator

• October 8, 2018 at 9:10 pm #10072
    Robert PeurifoyRobert Peurifoy
    Participant

Ray,

I would be most honored to work with the missing man coordinator.   I need to review the list of those still missing from Vietnam.

for the last several years I have worked with documenting Missing individuals from WWII.  This Friday, 12/10, we will bury a sailor from the USS Oklahoma who died Dec. 7, 41 in the raid on Pearl Harbor.  His remains were recently identified.

In case anyone should ask, I stirred up a Facebook fire storm back in the summer.  On the route I had an accident in Statesville, NC.   I tipped my bike over trying to miss a road guide or the curb as we were lining up to gas.  My chest hit my drink holder, bruising ribs, thus ending my ride after several hours in the ER and then two weeks recovering.

Because I had started the Mission, some don’t consider me an FNG. But some leadership said I was still an FNG until I reached the Wall in DC and had my button flipped.

I am an experienced rider with 35+ years of riding and over 200,000 miles.  I have a CB on my  bike, though I don’t use it much.  Hope to have switched over to a blue tooth by next summer.

I would be very honored.  This is something I have wanted to do for many years.  One of my High School Friends is on the wall.  His remains were recovered and buried in 2010 in our hometown.   It was my first Patriot Guard Mission.  I had been attending Rolling Thunder in his honor since 1996.

I had not done the RFTW as there was a group from our community who went each year.  This past year I was the only one going and saw this as an opportunity to finally do RFTW.

Now that my friend is recovered, it would be an honor to carry the name and represent someone new.  Also, as an older rider, I would enjoy riding with Wombat! Who knows have many years I will have left!

My registration is in and paid.  My trip is already laid out.  The time is set aside. to first cross the country.  I am making a slight detour through Colorado on my way to California.  My son died four years ago this Oct 14. He had always wanted to move to Colorado.  I will be taking a small portion of his ashes to scatter in the Garden of the God’s in Colorado Springs.

I anticipate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Robert C. Peurifoy

p.s.  I am sending you a FB invitation.

• October 9, 2018 at 5:50 pm #10075
    zipperzipper
    Participant

Robert, I would consider it an honor to flip your FNG button if you need.  also I live in Cali. 60 miles from Ontario if you need.

Burke aka Zipper

• October 14, 2018 at 9:01 pm #10085
    cornmancornman
    Participant

Hi Robert,

I am not sure what you mean by working with me, the Missing Man Coordinator.

As for riding in formation to fill one of the legs along the route, that we can do.  However, I can not put you in the position next to Wombat for the day.  Being an FNG is a requirement for that position, meaning you have never ridden any part of the RFTW before.

If you are interested in a MMF leg let me know.

Thanks

Ray

• December 24, 2018 at 9:01 pm #10323
    Participant

It would be an honor to participate in the missing .an formation.  I.will be registering for the 2019 Southern Route.  I.will be riding “All the Way”.  I will be honoring my Vietnam Veteran Father.  He passed away in Aug 2018.  I am retired Army.

• January 2, 2019 at 10:31 pm #10383
    RockeeRockee
    Participant

I would like to be apart of this formation. I am registered and I will be an FNG on the Mid Way route all the way. Can you add me to the list.

~Rockee

All They Way...

[email protected]

• January 7, 2019 at 3:01 pm #10444
    brhoades54brhoades54
    Participant

I am an FNG this year as well as my wife Debra who will be riding two-up with me in the trailer group.  I am the Director of the Oklahoma National Cemetery Complex and won’t be making the entire run, but will joining the group Sunday morning in Shawnee, OK due to time constraints.  We would be honored to ride in the Missing Man Formation for a leg.  My question is whether the missing man formation is required to be bikes only or do you allow bikes with trailers, trikes, trikes w/trailers?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • February 5, 2019 at 1:08 pm #10753
      cornmancornman
      Participant

Hi Rockee,

Please send me an email at [email protected].  I will need the following info and will get you added to the list.

What are you riding?  1 up or 2 up.  The rest we will cover via email.

Thanks

Cornman

• February 5, 2019 at 1:10 pm #10754
      cornmancornman
      Participant

Hi Broade,

Please send me an email at [email protected].

Yes we do allow trikes, trailers.  I have limited slots on those.

From Shawnee, how far will you be riding?

Send me an email and I will get you options on where you would like to ride.

Thanks

Cornman

• January 12, 2019 at 7:59 pm #10573
    brhoades54brhoades54
    Participant

I would be honored to ride the Missing Man Formation this year with my wife.

• January 15, 2019 at 6:26 pm #10612
    BootsBoots
    Participant

I would be honored to also ride in the MMF.  I’m planning to ride the entire Midway route and will assist where ever needed.

Boots

Boots
    2019 FNG
    Antioch, CA

• February 5, 2019 at 1:11 pm #10755
    cornmancornman
    Participant

Hi Boots,

Please send me an email at [email protected]  I will need the following info and will get you added to the list.

What are you riding?  1 up or 2 up.  The rest we will cover via email.

Thanks

Cornman

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.