• February 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm #10766
    YukonYukon
    Participant

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m a 30 year retired Air Force Chief Master Sergeant (CMSgt – E9); retired 3 years ago in Colorado.

Doing the Central Route as an FNG this year and really looking forward to it!

I’m the Operations Manager (20-40 hour a week volunteer position) for a nonprofit, MRP, which takes vets and first responders with PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc., on 5 day adventure motorcycle relief rides, AT NO COST! They’ve just got to get to the ride, Denver or Tucson, and from there, the rest of the experience is on us! We’ve got a fleet of 16 BMW GS adventure bikes. We ride during the day and do workshops in the evenings. We’ve been around for 3 years now, done 24 rides, and put 178 folks through the program. If you check out our Facebook page or website and watch the testimonial videos, you’ll hear first hand how the program has changed lives.

We also got a sidecar last year, so we can take folks who used to ride and are no longer physically able on our rides!

If you know of someone who rides and is struggling, have them check us out and fill out an application. If you have any questions, let me know.

See y’all on the ride!
    Mike “Yukon” Bobbitt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

2019 FNG - Central Route
    Operations Manager - Motorcycle Relief Project
    www.motorelief.org
    Sergeant at Arms - ALR Post 2008, Falcon CO

• February 6, 2019 at 6:56 pm #10777
    Turtle
    Participant

I participated in one of their rides (number 13) in August 2017 and can say nothing but good about this experience.  Even though I ride a Harley their BMWs are great machines and are all in great condition and are well maintained.  They can even supply the required safety clothing including a full face helmet if you don’t have any.   The routes are well planned and take in many different types of riding.  Going up Pikes Peak we had sunshine, rain, snow and sunshine again.  The evening workshops/groups were well orchestrated and timely, pertaining to our needs.  Accommodations and food were also pretty darned good. This was a great week and I would encourage veteran or first responder with PTSD to apply.

• February 7, 2019 at 7:10 am #10781
    YukonYukon
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your experience Turtle 🙂

2019 FNG - Central Route
    www.motorelief.org

• February 9, 2019 at 7:30 pm #10814
    TowedjumperTowedjumper
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yukon that sounds amazing!</p>
    I am going Central route as well, see you on the road.

• February 13, 2019 at 7:41 pm #10933
    CircleTCircleT
    Participant

Welcome Aboard, Yukon

I met one of your volunteers here in Casa Grande last winter. Think it was Don Adis but can’t recall with 100% certainty. You guys do great work.

Terry Sharp
    RFTW 2008-2019
    Combat Hero Bike Build
    Director of Communications

• February 13, 2019 at 7:44 pm #10934
    YukonYukon
    Participant

rog, Don is one of the folks who was instrumental in getting the program off the ground!

2019 FNG - Central Route
    www.motorelief.org

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.