New Bike. NOW I am ready!

Home Forums General Discussion New Bike. NOW I am ready!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

It has been a long wait, but I now have a new bike, and I think it is going to be appropriate for RFTW.  I have named the bike “Chief Joseph” to fulfill a promise that I made to Judy Wormmeester (Not-Airborne!).  I told her that I would always carry the memory of her MIA Brother with me when I ride.

To make this bike a little more special, I did a LOT of research on the POW-MIA flag/logo.  If you would like to read the story of my findings, please download the PDF at “http://www.mccrain.net/Changes-with-the-POW-MIA-Flag.pdf“.

Otherwise, just enjoy these photos!

Hoofer

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain
      Photographer, Midway Route (2019, 2020,. 2021)
      SITREP Author, (2019, 2020, 2021)
      Road Guard, Midway Route (2017, 2018)
      Road Guard, Southern Route (2016)
      Tail Gunner, Southern Route (2015)
      FNG, Southern Route (2014)

Inactive

Very nice paint.  Most definitely worth the wait.

Participant

Good looking Road Master and thanks for the up date history of the POW-MIA flag. Will your new design be available for decals?

Jim McCrainJim McCrain
      Participant

… thanks for the up date history of the POW-MIA flag. Will your new design be available for decals?

YES!  The design is not trademarked, just like the original.  I am happy to make the artwork available to anyone that wants it.  Please let me know if you find a place to get decals and stickers made economically.

If you use this design and would LIKE to make a donation to the National League of Families, I don’t think they would mind!  🙂

Hoofer

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain
      Photographer, Midway Route (2019, 2020,. 2021)
      SITREP Author, (2019, 2020, 2021)
      Road Guard, Midway Route (2017, 2018)
      Road Guard, Southern Route (2016)
      Tail Gunner, Southern Route (2015)
      FNG, Southern Route (2014)

DrZDrZ
      Participant

Hoofer,

Welcome back young man!  Glad to see you back in the saddle and with such a great looking scoot as well.

I will meet up with everyone when I join in GP again this year.  Not sure this old body is willing ever to do ATW but you can never tell.

I will be riding my 15 Roadmaster.

Pix not showing my flags but they will be there.

Semper Fi…

Z

2013, 2015,2016, 2017 and as many more as the old body will handle.

Participant

I’m not sure what you define as “affordable”, but I have a guy local in Ft Worth who can print them with no background for $10 each. I sent him a copy and he is going to bring me two as a sample in white (my bike is graphite gray). I’ll post the results on Monday night.

Proper grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

DocDoc
      Participant

Hoofer, that is a great article regarding the POW/MIA flag. While reading it and studying the changes that have been made in the flag through the years, just brought home again what RFTW is all about. Thank you for sharing.

USAF 70 - 74
      Vietnam 71 - 73
      Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 41-2 Reno, NV
      Midway Route FNG ATW 2015, TG 2016, TG 2017, TG 2018

Redleg (aka. Sloke)Redleg (aka. Sloke)
      Participant

Jim,

The bike is beautiful!  I’d only ever wanted the red one (Field Artillery colors), now black is in the picture. Love it.

Daniel W. Slocum
      CPT US Army RET
      ATW CR FNG 2016, CR Participant 2018
      Canceled: 2020 Midway Tailgunner 2nd Platoon

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.