October Arizona Regional Lunch Gathering

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mike Kyzer
      Participant

Hello AZ brothers and sisters, Sky Pilot, myself, and many others are back from Kerrville with lots of fresh stories to tell. So let’s get another lunch event lined up!

A few months back we planned a ride to Munds Park, with the dual purpose of beating the heat, and visiting with our brother Steve “5150” Sunda. But we got bested by rain. So let’s try this again, with a slight change of stops along the way.

Meet at the Minute Mart at the NE Corner of I-17 and New River Rd (Exit 232) at 9:45AM KSU at 10:00AM
      Ride to the Northbound Mcguireville Rest Area at mile marker 297 – 1 hour travel time, 15 minute break
      Leave the Rest Area at ~11:15AM for the 30 minute ride to exit 322, Munds Park, Agee’s BBQ. Arrive at ~ 11:45AM

Here is a link to the route in Google Maps.

The ride home can be on your own or we can gather up into groups. My plan is to continue up to Lake Mary Rd, and ride back through Lake Mary, Happy Jack, Clint’s Well and finally Payson, later in the day. Make a loop of it on the east side.

Others may want to go back via all or part of Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Jerome, Mingus Mtn, Prescott, the White Spars and Wickenburg on the west side. Either way, you can’t miss, with some of the best riding in Arizona.

Please RSVP to this post (or preferably the group email, if you got that) if you plan to go by SATURDAY the 8th, so 5150 can let the folks at the BBQ place know how many to expect.

Respectfully,
      Mike “Bonehead” Kyzer

Mike Kyzer
      Participant

PS. The date is October 15, our usual 3rd Saturday of the month.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.