Perryville Missouri Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Home Forums Regional Gatherings Perryville Missouri Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DeWayneDeWayne
      Participant

For those who don’t know me, my name is DeWayne “Trunk Monkey” Howard. I am the Central Route Missouri State Coordinator. I know we are all disappointed that Run For The Wall has been cancelled again for the second year in a row because of the COVID-19 restrictions across the country.  Many RFTW riders are probably looking for things they can do on their own, or in small, self-organized groups, to CONTINUE THE MISSION in their own personal ways.

With that in mind, I’d like to suggest a visit to Missouri’s National Veterans Memorial in Perryville, MO. It features a full-sized replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial – The Wall – in Washington, D.C., and is centrally located for much of the country.  Some have already expressed intentions of arriving May 28  just as we would have in DC had it not been for COVID-19. Riders could plan their own trips to Perryville, which is roughly 75 miles south of St. Louis on I-55, for Memorial Day weekend, meet and greet one another during a Saturday visit to the memorial there, and for those who might be interested, they could easily travel on to Ottawa, IL, on Sunday for a Monday visit to the Middle East Conflicts Memorial Wall in Marseilles, IL.  I’m sure both of these memorials will draw quite a few RFTW riders, so it may turn out to be a great opportunity to renew old acquaintances in an unofficial riders’ reunion.  I do want to stress that any activities of this nature would be strictly voluntary for each individual, and not part of any sanctioned Run For The Wall, Inc. events.

I am always available for questions. My email address is [email protected] .  I can also be reached at 417-848-1787.

Home

Missouri National Veterans Memorial

1172 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, Perryville, MO 63775

DeWayneDeWayne
      Participant

*******UPDATE*******

I have spoke with the Perryville Super 8, Quality Inn and Days Inn. If you mention “The Block under DeWayne Howard” each of these properties are offering a discount. I also spoke with Holiday Inn and they would not cooperate.

Hope to see you there.

Super 8   573-517-7888    $ 84.34 per night including tax

Days Inn  573-547-1091    $62.99 per night plus tax

Quality Inn 573-5471727   $85.00 per night plus tax

DeWayneDeWayne
      Participant

Anyone that’s planning to attend the Missouri National Veterans Memorial in Perryville on May 28-29 please email me how many at [email protected] or text me at 417-848-1787
      Ride safe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.