• January 10, 2019 at 7:59 pm #10506
    Highway
    Participant

Have a question in Ontario is it required to stay where we start out from. The reason my son is an upper with the FBI. And just got transferred to So. Calif. and I found out he lives a short distance from where we all start out from.

<b>Thanks</b>

• January 10, 2019 at 8:48 pm #10507
    Road Hazard
    Participant

No, it is not required to stay at any hotel along the route. Just remember LA traffic and plan to be early.

Proper grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

• January 11, 2019 at 8:27 am #10509
    PelicanPelican
    Participant

Road Hazard is correct, many have relatives or friends in the area that they stay with. You do not have to stay at the host hotels.

When the itinerary is posted online, be sure to read the schedule for Ontario. There is usually a mandatory “all riders” meeting Tuesday afternoon.

Enjoy your visit with your son Highway, encourage him to join us when his schedule allows.

Ride Safe

Pelican

"I never met a man I didn't like"...will rogers

• January 11, 2019 at 8:33 pm #10566
    Highway
    Participant

Thank you for the info. I have been working on him to go on the ride, I even told he could plan it when he needs to be a the Hoover building. I am proud of him he is one of the top Cyber Forensics agent in the world. He has a 147 agents under him he stays busy. We agreed when I ride this year I am riding for the son we lost in Afghanistan and the son we have in Walter Reed now. He had four days to go before he was to come home when he stepped on an IED, he lost he right leg an left hand. He said after he gets out of Reed he is going to school so he can stay in and get his 20. We are a Military & Harley family my wife tells people it shows we can’t get more American then that.

<b>Be Safe</b>

• January 13, 2019 at 10:20 am #10574
      HotRodHotRod
      Participant

Sorry for the loss of your Son, we will ride for him. Prayers for your Son at Walter Reed and a speedy recovery. Hope your son in the FBI can join us. Prayers for you whole family. Stay Strong.

• January 13, 2019 at 10:35 am #10575
    CircleTCircleT
    Participant

Highway,

Sorry for the loss of your son and prayers for your other son at Walter Reed.

Please visit our website at http://www.combatherobikebuild.org and contact me: [email protected]

Thanks,

Terry Sharp
    RFTW 2008-2019
    Combat Hero Bike Build
    Director of Communications

• January 13, 2019 at 11:08 am #10577
    PelicanPelican
    Participant

Highway,

Prayers are ascending for your your entire family seeking the rapid recovery of your son in W.R. So sorry for your loss.

I’m looking forward to meeting you in Ontario and giving you one of your many FNG hugs.

Pelican

• January 16, 2019 at 8:22 pm #10638
    Highway
    Participant

Thank you for your thoughts an prayers. I have talked to his doctors about the day of the ride to the wall. He can ride with me and seeing I have a trike there will be no problem. My wife will be flying to DC and she will be waiting at the wall with a wheelchair. I may ask someone to help me with him off the bike and back on when it is over. He told me earlier tonight it won’t be hard cause he has lost some weight. He has not lost his humor. I am truly looking forward to meeting everyone and the 10 days.

• January 17, 2019 at 8:52 am #10641
    Wally GatorWally Gator
    Participant

Hi Highway

I lived in So Calif for 59 years we now live in Michigan is you son’s office in down town LA and were does he live.  Coming from down town LA it takes a little more that a hour to get to Ontario just getting out of the City take 30 min alone and another 30 to 45 to get Ontario.  My son lives in Apple Valley and it’s about 45 min to the staging area from his house we have for the past couple of years got a hotel room near the staging area this time it’s at the host hotel it make it easy for us not fighting the traffic in the morning of the starting of the run you never know what going to happen on the 10 fwy I traveled  that freeway for 20 year to and from work In Inglewood Ca.

retired city employee
    USN 76 to 80 USS Raleigh LPD 1
    USNR 80 to 86 USS Duncan FFG

• January 17, 2019 at 4:54 pm #10645
    gsasse
    Participant

What route are you going on?  Check the Leader contact list for your route and contact the Trike Platoon leader for your route.  Some pre planning with Platoon Leader should further help you and your son at some of the memorials, food and fuel stops along the way that may not be easily accessible because of steps, gravel pathways, steep inclines.

Welcome to the RFTW family.

Greg “Step Up” Sasse

Central Route Trike Platoon Leader

• January 17, 2019 at 5:26 pm #10646
    PelicanPelican
    Participant

Highway, God Bless You and your entire family for your service and sacrifices.

Today I gave a heads up to the Midway  trike platoon, APL, (we ride in the same So.Nevada PGR unit), as to any assistance you may need, anywhere, along the route. But in any case, you will not be at a loss for helping hands from your new family, that you never knew you had! Also, you do know, that as an FNG, you will be riding into Arlington National Cemetery on Saturday morning. If your son can make it, he can ride with you….assistance will not be an issue, I assure you.

Look at the “Contacts” list for Midway, give the trike platoon, Platoon Leader a heads up.

Ride safe, is it May yet?

Pelican

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.