RFTW 2020 Cancelled

Home Forums Announcements RFTW 2020 Cancelled

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick HentgesNick Hentges
      Keymaster

March 20, 2020

On behalf of the Board of Directors, it is my sad task to announce that we are cancelling RFTW XXXII scheduled for May 2020, because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.  This action reflects the unanimous vote of the Board of Directors, with the concurrence of all four Route Coordinators.  We felt it necessary to make this decision now so that riders will have sufficient time to take whatever actions may be needed, such as cancelling reservations, without incurring any penalties.  We also felt it was necessary so that our state coordinators could begin notifying the communities and organizations who support us as soon as possible.

The Board of Directors did not reach this decision lightly.  Each of us agonized over it and came to this conclusion with the utmost reluctance. We ask for your understanding and support.  Rest assured, our next regular Board meeting on April 9th will mark the beginning of our planning to resume THE MISSION in 2021.

From each of us on the Board, and from your Route Coordinators, thank you!

Les Williams
      President, RFTW Board of Directors

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      ATW Central Route 2009-2019
      Tailgunner 2010
      Asst Platoon Leader 2011-2016
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      RFTW BOD Director of Public Relations and Communications

Redleg (aka. Sloke)Redleg (aka. Sloke)
      Participant

B.O.D.

Thank you for taking such care to steward well the Run For The Wall. Of course, this news is disappointing, but under these remarkable circumstances I understand your decision. I have two requests/suggestions as we move forward in the short term.

1. Offer the opportunity for us who have preregistered to donate that registration to the RFTW for you to use it as you see fit.

2. Offer both 2020 All The Way and Participant patches with a line through the middle (strikethrough text) so we can proudly reflect our commitment to the run and to commemorate these extraordinary turn of events.

God bless you all for the work you do.

Daniel Redleg Slocum
      aka. Sloke
      Sent from my iPhoneTypos gratis!

Daniel W. Slocum
      CPT US Army RET
      ATW CR FNG 2016, CR Participant 2018
      Canceled: 2020 Midway Tailgunner 2nd Platoon

PelicanPelican
        Participant

Sloke,

Two OUTSTANDING suggestions.

I’m in !

Pelican

"I never met a man I didn't like"...will rogers

Participant

Roger That

I donate my registration fee to RFTW

Dale Smith

Maj ARNG (ret)

SR ATW 2017 FNG, 2018 Tail gunner,   2020 Staging Crew member (canceled)

Doug WalkerDoug Walker
      Participant

I second Sloke’s suggestions. We know there are unrecoverable expenses incurred and the 2020 preregistration fees can help with those. And about the 2020 patches I was thinking that I would want to acquire my patch and sew it on upside down as an indicator of my commitment to make the run this year. Either way RFTW 2020 will be a year to remember. If not for the run itself then for the anticipation and disappointment in being thwarted by a bug we cannot see.

In any case, SEMPER GUMBY and IS IT MAY 2021 YET?

CR Chase 4 '14, '15, '18, '19, ('20*)
      Sgt USMC 62-66
      Chu Lai 65-66

Redleg (aka. Sloke)Redleg (aka. Sloke)
        Participant

Doug!

Great idea for the patch. It’s better than the idea I posted above as it allows use of current RFTW Patch Stock. I’ll be taking mine down to get sewn on upside down.

Is it May of 2021 yet?

Daniel W. Slocum
        CPT US Army RET
        ATW CR FNG 2016, CR Participant 2018
        Canceled: 2020 Midway Tailgunner 2nd Platoon

Participant

You can use my 2020 registration fee as needed.

GSCM USN(Ret) '57 - '89
      L/M VFW 3788
      L/M AL 460
      C/M ALR 460
      Ala PGR
      ATW 2000 (SR Recon), ATW 2003 SR, Participant 2018 SR (Fueling Team),
      Participant 2019 SR (Fueling Team), ATW 2020 SR (Fueling Team), ATW 2020 SB (Fueling Team)
      Gulf of Tonkin '64-'65; DaNang '69-'70

I’m in with Sloke, please use my 2020 registration where you see fit.
      I also think the patch is a good idea Thank you for all the hard work and dedication that goes into planning the mission. IS it May 2021 yet?

Steve 5150 Sunda FNG 2019

Steve “5150” Sunda
      2019 FNG All the way
      USMC
      Semper Fi

LaneLane
      Participant

Our registration fees are yours to use as you see fit… Love the idea of the patches as well.

Lane Flynn
      2019 ATW - MR

Nick HentgesNick Hentges
      Keymaster

To all pre-registered riders:

All riders that have pre-registered for 2020 will automatically roll into the 2021 pre-registration database, whether you pre-paid or selected to pay at your sign-in location.
      Changes that need to be made on your existing form (new bike, updated expiration dates on license, insurance, route change, etc.) should be directed to the newly established Contact Form category “RFTW 2020 – Registration Revisions.”    ONLY CHANGES TO YOUR FORM should go this category.     The registration team will monitor these contact emails, revise your existing form and re-send it to you.    We will do this until the cut-off date in April, 2021.
      If you see that you will NOT be participating in the 2021 Run, please complete a  “Contact Form” under the same category and advise us.   We will then delete your registration, so that accurate participant numbers can be obtained.   This is critical information to the Route Coordinators, so please contact us if you are unable to go.
      Refunds—because of the PayPal time limit for issuing refunds, many registrations cannot be refunded.  We are asking that you NOT request a refund if you know for sure that you’re unable to go in 2021.   If you are outside the time window, then there is nothing we can do through PayPal.
      Donations—the monies that have been paid towards registration will stay as such for 2021.   Many of you have already stated that you want to donate the registration money for this year and pay, again, next year.   Those who would like to donate to the 2021 general fund to offset the 2020 expenses, can do so by the “Donate” button on the website: https://rftw.us/donate/.   We truly appreciate the support we’ve already seen

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      ATW Central Route 2009-2019
      Tailgunner 2010
      Asst Platoon Leader 2011-2016
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      RFTW BOD Director of Public Relations and Communications

Participant
      Participant

Vandals deface wall

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.