RFTW – going anyway

Home Forums General Discussion RFTW – going anyway

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      harley0711
      Participant

Sitting here in Williams waiting for a group of 15 other riders,

Day 1 down,  heading to Albuquerque, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama then angle Northeast to DC.  Not going to sit home in Fear.  The Vets we are riding for did not sit in Fear👍

devildog1971
      Participant

MERICAI was contacted by a brother Marine I had not seen or heard from in 53 years,  he has M.S.  and Parkinsons directly related to the water at Lejune.  We both came home with only a few scars and a few bruises.  Then biggest bruise comes from the veterans that have had the privilege of paying tribute and respect to there friends who rest forever either in there home towns or still lie in unknown graves in  Vietnam.  The last veteran that I know of was brought home a couple years ago after his sisters raised two million dollars.  which had to be paid to the government of Vietnam.  A North Vietnamese Colonel buried their brother and knew the exact spot, the mortuary team from Hawaii then came and he was identified and buried at home. There are more stories lie this and families that even after 50 years they can not raise that kind of money, and the United States of America established diplomatic relationship with Vietnam years ago.  This may be the first time I had a bike and wanted to participate,  BUT I have been to the wall and never knew some of the guys that were transferred or medicated died, until Jerry found my name on  vet   net he knew of nine that  i thought made it home.   I am more than disappointed in run for the wall my congress woman told me do not worry when you get to D.C. you will have a place to park and stay,  she offered a room in her apartment.  We may get to D.C. late because of our health but no bureaucrat and no virus (we both have been vaccinated  )  is going to stop us shame on those that give up, if all Vietnam veterans and their families showed up there would be to many of us to be turned away and a publicity nightmare for any one who tried to interfere with us,  when all we want to do is remember and honor the young men and women who never grew old never had families, never had any of the good things most of us have had.  May GOD BLESS AMERICA and all veterans who gave a little and those that gave all may we never forget.

Pawkee
      Participant

First I want to say WELCOME HOME and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  Would this. be your first RFTW?  What is your starting point and which route did you plan on joining?

Pawkee
      RFTW Southern Route FNG 2007
      RFTW Southern Route Road Guard 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
      RFTW MIDWAY Road Guard 2015, 2016, 2018 (remote), 2019 (remote)

Nick Hentges
      Keymaster

MERICAI was contacted by a brother Marine I had not seen or heard from in 53 years, he has M.S. and Parkinsons directly related to the water at Lejune. We both came home with only a few scars and a few bruises. Then biggest bruise comes from the veterans that have had the privilege of paying tribute and respect to there friends who rest forever either in there home towns or still lie in unknown graves in Vietnam. The last veteran that I know of was brought home a couple years ago after his sisters raised two million dollars. which had to be paid to the government of Vietnam. A North Vietnamese Colonel buried their brother and knew the exact spot, the mortuary team from Hawaii then came and he was identified and buried at home. There are more stories lie this and families that even after 50 years they can not raise that kind of money, and the United States of America established diplomatic relationship with Vietnam years ago. This may be the first time I had a bike and wanted to participate, BUT I have been to the wall and never knew some of the guys that were transferred or medicated died, until Jerry found my name on vet net he knew of nine that i thought made it home. I am more than disappointed in run for the wall my congress woman told me do not worry when you get to D.C. you will have a place to park and stay, she offered a room in her apartment. We may get to D.C. late because of our health but no bureaucrat and no virus (we both have been vaccinated ) is going to stop us shame on those that give up, if all Vietnam veterans and their families showed up there would be to many of us to be turned away and a publicity nightmare for any one who tried to interfere with us, when all we want to do is remember and honor the young men and women who never grew old never had families, never had any of the good things most of us have had. May GOD BLESS AMERICA and all veterans who gave a little and those that gave all may we never forget.

Larry,

Just Curious if you have ever done the Run for the Wall or if you had registered. If you had done the RFTW you may have noticed the size (Very Large) of our group and the huge amount of support required to safely get the riders from coast to coast. Are you signed up for our newsletters? If not I recommend doing so as you can gain a wealth of knowledge of how we operate as welll as why certain decisions, however unpleasant, had to be made.

Have a safe trip and we hope to see you in 2022.

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      ATW Central Route 2009-2019
      Tailgunner 2010
      Asst Platoon Leader 2011-2016
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      RFTW BOD Director of Public Relations and Communications

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.