RFTW R.E.D. Shirt Days 3 & 10

Home Forums General Discussion RFTW R.E.D. Shirt Days 3 & 10

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Doc
      Participant

Just a reminder that Days 3 and 10 (the day we arrive in Arlington) are R.E.D shirt days.

If you are not familiar with the term of R.E.D. Shirt, it stands for “Remember Everyone Deployed”.

Nationwide, for many of us, Fridays are R.E.D. shirt days. It is a day to honor those who are serving this great nation of ours from afar. We wear red “Until They All Come Home”.

When riding on Day 3 and 10, take a moment and think about meaning of why everyone around is wearing red. Even better, as you come into contact with someone who is not wearing a red shirt, take a second and tell them why you are.

Three weeks to KSU!!

USAF 70 - 74
      Vietnam 71 - 73
      Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 32-5 Wickenburg, AZ
      Midway Route FNG ATW 2015, TG 2016, TG 2017, TG 2018, PL 2019, PL 2022

U Turn
      Participant

I was in a platoon my FNG year that actually fined you $5 (that went into the fund for the schools) if you didn’t wear a red shirt on Friday!  I gladly paid up the first time… I found the merchandise trailer and bought a red shirt for the next Friday.  I pack at least 2 red shirts for the trip!

Taxman
      Participant

Looks like we on the Southern Route don’t need to worry about red shirts.  The First day it will be 104 degrees in Blythe so take off the shirt and get sunburned and we will be good for the third day.  Indio will only be a mild 103. Casa Grande is also a cool 103 on Wednesday.  No worries about pee stops.  The sweat will take it off of us.  You riders up on the Central enjoy Kingman at a cool 93.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.