RFTW Southwest Region Lunch February 2nd

Home Forums Regional Gatherings RFTW Southwest Region Lunch February 2nd

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      The MayorThe Mayor
      Participant

Down to less than 3 1/2 months until the 31st Annual Run For The Wall!   And, if you’re confused that the 31st “Annual” Run will be held on the 30th Anniversary next May… we’ll talk about it on Saturday.

Most of you know what RFTW is all about, and why some of us have been gathering on the First Saturday’s for a couple of years now.  We’ll meet again at Peggy Sue’s in Amboy for lunch at 11:00 again this coming Saturday, February 2nd, and then back to Amboy on March 2nd.

The few days around the RFTW Host Hotel in May are often times to renew or make friendships with participants who we otherwise might not see again until the following year.  The first year Gwyn and I assumed the role as State Coordinator, California welcomed riders from 48 states (including Alaska and Hawaii), and three other countries.  The First Saturday gatherings draw riders from parts of Nevada, Arizona, and Southern California; and provide an opportunity to meet face-to-face on a monthly basis.  We meet every month, and plan to be back in Rancho Cucamonga again from April through September.

If you’re not familiar with Run For The Wall… even better!  ‘Great time to compare the ideas and concepts of a VERY diverse group with varied opinions about almost everything!

Saturday might be a little chilly with possible rainy weather.  Excellent time to test equipment that might be needed on the Run.  If you need suggestions about riding in the cold, I’ll check with one of my teammates from Bien Hoa Air Patch in South Vietnam… He’s a Harley rider.. at least when the bike thaws out.  I checked for his weather tomorrow in Bemidji, Minnesota… HIGH tomorrow of 22 degrees below zero… LOW of 35 below. Don’t cha love California?

Again, for riders and enthusiasts who would like to leave the Inland Empire area for Petty Sue’s Saturday as a group, some of us will meet again near the SEC of Base Line and I-15 (Denny’s & JIB Center) to ride up Cajon Pass together.
      0845  Stage in the parking lot
      0910  Rider’s Meeting (For brief intros & rules of the road if we have any FNGs)
      0920  KSU toward Victorville H-D
      0955  ETA at Victorville H-D to de-coffee as necessary
      1015  KSU to Peggy Sue’s in beautiful downtown Yermo
      1059  ETA at Peggy Sue’s

See you all on Saturday
      Be careful out there!

Jim "The Mayor" Frost
      USAF SSgt 66-69
      Bien Hoa AB, RVN 8/67-10/69

Wally GatorWally Gator
      Participant

Hi Mayor are you guys having a lunch in May and what date would it be on

Retired city employee
      USN 76 to 80 USS Raleigh LPD 1
      USNR 80 to 89 USS Duncan FFG

ATW 14,16,17.18,19 Tail gunner 17,18 and 19

The MayorThe Mayor
      Participant

We’ve been doing it on Second Saturdays for several years now.  That makes it May 4th, a little after 11:00, and plans are for the April and May gatherings to be held at The Tilted Kilt on Foothill Blvd (Rte. 66) in Rancho Cucamonga, between Etiwanda Avenue and I-15.  If you can make it, bring a few FNGs with you.  Thanks for asking!

In February & March, we’ll be at Peggy Sue’s in Yermo while it’s still cool on California’s High Desert.  (And Peggy Sue’s is in Yermo, not Amboy… keyboard sticks occasionally…)

Jim "The Mayor" Frost
      USAF SSgt 66-69

BearcatBearcat
      Participant

When will the RFTW SW Region Lunch return to Peggy Sue’s?  I thought it was in October but I’m not sure, trying to make plans…

Is It May yet?????

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!
      Viet Nam 70-71
      US Army (Ret 1993)
      CR Participant 2014 & 2015 & 2019
      CR ATW 2016, CR ATW 2017, CR ATW 2018
      AZ PGR
      AZ ALR Post 108, Prescott Valley, AZ

The MayorThe Mayor
      Participant

Back to Peggy Sue’s October through March… unless something changes.

First Saturdays as in the past, meeting around 11:00 in the morning.  Bring FNGs whenever you can!

Jim "The Mayor" Frost
      USAF SSgt 66-69

BearcatBearcat
      Participant

THANKS!!!   We’ll see ya there…

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!
      Viet Nam 70-71
      US Army (Ret 1993)
      CR Participant 2014 & 2015 & 2019
      CR ATW 2016, CR ATW 2017, CR ATW 2018
      AZ PGR
      AZ ALR Post 108, Prescott Valley, AZ

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.