Rich “Boomer” Ford passed away

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Pawkee
      Participant

From a friend

Rich “Boomer” Ford passed away today. Boomer and I were the first DSC for the SE Texas PGR. This was 2006-2009 when we sadly had many KIAs. When state captain David David asked me to be the DSC I said I have to have a co captain who was in the military so I didn’t screw things up. He said who do you have in mind and I said Boomer. A retired Navy Seal who served in Vietnam, Boomer was larger than life. Boomer could dress you down one minute and then be the most thoughtful and kind person the next. We butted heads many times but we knew when we agreed on things it was definitely the right thing to do. Boomer was a real biker, a road guard for Run For The Wall who road his Harley like it was an extension of his body. I only wish I could ride as well as him, yet he trusted me enough to ride double together. I have so many great stories I could share on Boomer. RIP big man, know your service and support for your fellow veterans was always appreciated. If I hear of his service details I will share. Please keep Spanky in your prayers.

Pawkee
      RFTW Southern Route FNG 2007
      RFTW Southern Route Road Guard 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
      RFTW MIDWAY Road Guard 2015, 2016, 2018 (remote), 2019 (remote)

Hardcase
      Participant

Condolences and prayers to all family and friends.

NEVER FORGET!

Mike "Hardcase" Poirier
      Chaplain/Medic
      S.R.and Sandbox
      Wall to Wall
      FNG Participant '14, 16, 17, Chaplain 18, Chaplain Medic 19, 22

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.