Rolling to Remember

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Data
      Participant

Can anyone tell me if RFTW gets a line up similar to what we recieved for Rolling Thinder?  Do we line up close to the begining or are we put in line when we get there?

GaDippel
      Participant

All,

The AMVETS will again be hosting a Rolling to Remember demonstration ride.

Any RFTW rider who wishes to participate in the 2022 Rolling to Remember demonstration ride on Sunday, May 29, 2022, has two options:

OPTION 1)          Group placement near the front of the R2R ride demonstration.
      · 6:00 AM       RFTW riders will pre-stage in the parking lot adjacent the West Falls Church VT/UVA WMATA (Metro) parking garage, Falls Church Dr/Parking Lot, Falls, Church, VA (Exit 66A, I-66 eastbound) / Exit 66, I-66 westbound)
      · 6:10 AM       KSU
      · 6:15 AM       RFTW riders will depart the pre-stage area for RFK Stadium
      · 6:45 AM       RFTW riders will arrive at RFK Stadium, Lot 8
      _  R2R will designate placement for RFTW near the front of the ride demonstration
      _  RFTW will stage of our riders
      · 9:30 AM       Motorcycle Drill Team performance
      · 10:00 AM     Live Music by ‘The Last Real Circus’
      · 10:30 AM     Motorcycle Drill Team performance
      · 11:00 AM     Welcome remarks
      · 12:00 PM      2022 Rolling to Remember demonstration ride begins

OPTION 2)          Individual placement in the main body of the R2R ride demonstration.
      · 6:30 AM       Riders will proceed on their own to RFK Stadium, Parking Lot 8
      · 7:00 AM       Robert F Kennedy Memorial Stadium, parking Lot 8 will open to the public for riders who wish to participate in R2R 2022
      · 9:30 AM       Motorcycle Drill Team performance
      · 10:00 AM     Live Music by ‘The Last Real Circus’
      · 10:30 AM     Motorcycle Drill Team performance
      · 11:00 AM     Welcome remarks
      · 12:00 PM      2022 Rolling to Remember demonstration ride begins

Gail Dippel  🇺🇸
      RFTW D.C./Arlington Coordinator
      [email protected]

Gail Dippel 🇺🇸
      RFTW D.C. Metro Area State Coordinator
      (703) 462-0703

mtsus
      Participant

For the first-timers to this event, if we ride in via Option 1, are there food vendors, etc., or do you pack your own breakfast and lunch?

GaDippel
        Participant

Mtsus,

Either way you get to RFK, I would bring along a breakfast sandwich (or similar) and water.

There will be vendors and hydration available – at cost.  I can only assume that vendors will open around 8:00-9:00, so bring what you need to sustain.  Bring plenty of cash for kewl finds!  Be prepared to secure purchased times to yourself or your bike.  🙂

Check the weather the afternoon before.  If temperatures start to rise in the morning, you might even consider a light poncho to string between bikes for shade.

On a last note, there are always plenty of port-o-johns.

v/

Gail Dippel

Gail Dippel 🇺🇸
        RFTW D.C. Metro Area State Coordinator
        (703) 462-0703

VAFish
      Participant

There should be vendors there.  Also the Christian Motorcycle groups usually have PBJ Sandwiches and bottles of water.

US Army 1982-1989 Signal Corps
      RFTW 2016 FNG 2nd Platoon Central Route
      RFTW 2017 Participant 2nd Platoon Central Route

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.