Run to the Run 2022 from Colorado

Home Forums Runs to the Run Run to the Run 2022 from Colorado

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      plutemus
      Participant

Signed up for the RFTW 2022 as FNG.  Live in the mountains of Colorado, and would like to leave on 13 or 14MAY and arrive in Ontario on 15MAY.  Would be great to stop at a hot spring on the way!!!

Thanks,

Dave (Carbo) Carbonetti

ewehner
      Participant

Hi Dave,

Also an FNG.  I am coming from the DC area, planning to overnight in Fraser CO on the 13th, leaving there on the 14th.  I am staying in Pasadena the 15th, so I’d probably peel off at Victorville on the way south.  Not sure what part of CO you are leaving from, but would be happy to have the company if it works out.

Regards,

Ed W.

t2sqred
      Participant

Oh man, my nephew and I (2 Florida FNGs) will miss joining you by a day. We’re leaving Denver area 15 May to arrive 16 May. Itinerary not solid but idea is to get to around Hurricane, UT on 15 May and go to Battleship USS Iowa by early afternoon on 16 May. From there we’re staying at the convention center 16-17 May.

plutemus
      Participant

Hello Ed,

I live in Crested Butte, CO and will be taking HWY 50 to Grand Junction and then I 70.  We can meet up there.  I’m thinking Monroe, UT for an overnight, but flexible.

Dave.

Florida FNGs,

Would love to have you along. Let us know if plans change.

TBird
      Participant

I’m also a FNG (for the 3rd time). I live in Colorado Springs and plan on leaving around 5/14 arriving in Ontario on the 16th. Initial thought was staying overnight in Green River, UT on the 14th and Las Vegas on the 15th. However, Monroe on the 14th would work as well (hot springs). I am pretty flexible.

Tom (TBird) Robirds

emt8948
        Participant

Tom, I’m leaving on the 14th from the Springs as well. Meeting 2 other riders in Albuquerque and then traveling across NM and AZ to Ontario, arriving the 16th. If you’d like to connect and ride together, let me know.

TBird
        Participant

EMT8948

That route is probably the right one, especially if the weather is iffy but right now, I’d like to go out on a route different from the one we’ll take from Ontario.  I’ll keep your offer in mind as we get closer to departure. You can email me at trophytbird on yahoo.

Ride safe,

Tom

stephen.goebel
      Participant

Leaving from Grand Junction but would prefer to head south at Crescent Junction, Utah through Moab, Monument Valley, Arizona south to I 10. It’s a liesurely scenic route that avoids a lot of Interstate highway travel. We will have plenty of that on the run.

Steve Goebel

March 6, 2022

Nick Hentges
      Keymaster

There is a post about 4 or so down from this one. Leaving CO Springs on the 13th

Richboy
      Honolulu Hawaii
      ATW Central Route 2009-2019
      Tailgunner 2010
      Asst Platoon Leader 2011-2016
      Platoon Leader 2017-2019
      Wall to Wall Recon 2019
      Secretary RFTW BOD

SuperDave
      Participant

Most of us in the front range of Colorado elect to head south instead of going over the passes during early May it can get pretty crazy and unpredictable up there… Be careful as you will most likely see snow and below freezing temps…  Ride safe and see you in May…

Dave

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.