• June 2, 2019 at 5:58 pm #12585
    Participant

I am calling BS on your narrow minded reasoning.    The trikes you allow with trailers have a much bigger footprint than Slingshots.  The trikes you allow without trailers don’t ride staggered.  By the way, Slingshots are built, classified, marketed and registered as motorcycles.  We have to comply with all the same motorcycle laws as other two and three wheel motorcycles.  It is time for the BOD to rethink their position on this issue,  especially with so many of us real combat veterans getting older.  THIS ISSUE IS NOT GOING AWAY!

Mike Woodward
    100% Disabled Combat Veteran

• June 2, 2019 at 8:43 pm #12586
    Participant

Didn’t know there was a problem.

Participant 2008
    All the way 2009
    Vietnam Vet 67-68

• June 5, 2019 at 1:51 pm #12609
    PostPost
    Participant

Hello Seawolf,

I was curious about this, just for my sake.  However on a couple references I did review, one of those being Polaris’s website about License Requirements by state and the other showing registration and licensing by state.  Most states classify this as an Auto Cycle versus Motorcycle and require a standard license.  On the other hand some do classify as motorcycle, and require motorcycle registration/licensing.  I am sure these are updated daily but feel free to check them out, as I am sure your state may register as motorcycle but others may not.   I am neutral in the matter, just putting out some stuff I had seen.  Hope you get your topic resolved.

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/license-requirements/

Polaris Slingshot – Trike, Bike or Autocycle ?

Steven "Post" Boyd
    USMC Veteran 1994-2002
    RFTW Midway Route (FNG 2017, Top Platoon 2017, Road Guard 2018/2019)
    S. NV PGR (2016-present, RoadGuard 2017-present)

• June 5, 2019 at 3:53 pm #12614
    ronoster7ronoster7
    Participant

In the state of Kansa Slingshots are registered as a car which they are. In Kansas now even

Can Am and Spyder are not registered as a motorcycle. Here it has to be on two wheels or a

trike to require a motorcycle license to operate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.