TAIL OF THE DRAGON

Home Forums Runs from the Run TAIL OF THE DRAGON

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      stephen.goebel
      Participant

RUN FROM THE RUN ARLINGTON BACK TO COLORADO VIA TAIL OF THE DRAGON.

I plan to head to Jefferson City, NC after leaving Arlington on Sunday 5/30/2021. I would like to ride Tail of the Dragon on my way home to Colorado. Grand Junction, Colorado is home and my destination.

Steve Goebel – FNG – 2021

Snowman808
      Participant

Try killing 2 birds with one stone……..ride BACK OF THE DRAGON in VA….VA Route 16…..32 miles.  Then drive to The Tail…..11 miles…..to ride that.

stephen.goebel
      Participant

Thanks for the information. I will do some research. Always looking for these milestone memories. Hope we can put a small crew together Run fromthe Wall back home to the West.

Steve Goebel – FNG

Marette
        Participant

Riding both back and tail of dragon sounds exhilarating, but like you I’ll do some research.

also FNG to the event.  Dragon is on my list.

stephen.goebel
        Participant

Thanks for checking in.  Let’s stay in touch, maybe the timing will be good to ride these together. Right now I am thinking of ” Back of the Dragon ” on Sunday May 30th. Overnight stay at Jefferson City before hitting ” Tail of the Dragon” on Monday , May 31st………………..then westward onto I-70 and eventually Colorado.

Steve Goebel – FNG

Grand Junction, Colorado

970-812-6444

Marette
        Participant

With it being Memorial Day weekend I wonder how jammed up with riders/drivers the dragon might be.  Was pondering a delayed entry into the DRAGON to hedge bets for a more pleasurable ride through.

stephen.goebel
        Participant

It is early in 2021. There is no doubt but so far the crowds are way down below normal. For example only 30,000 fans are allowed at The Daytona 500 Feb 14th.

We’ll just see how things progress and plan to be flexible.

Shiny side up,

Steve Goebel

Marette
        Participant

Lower participation works for me.  Roads free of congestion is highly cherished.  Get enough of congested roads here.

joeshd1200
      Participant

Just a shout out Steve, I was born in GJ.  Have a safe ride and when your near Tail of the Dragon, you might like Hellbender (highway 28) or highway 143. Safe travels.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.