Understanding RFTW patch (?)

Home Forums General Discussion Understanding RFTW patch (?)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bird
      Participant

I was looking at the patches in the shop trying to decide which RFTW main patch I want.  I was curious about one.  It features the wall across the U.S.  In the upper left is the POW/MIA logo and all our conflicts with numbers.  I assume the numbers represent the number of TOTAL personnel lists as POW/MIA and NOT the number still listed (Gulf War is now zero).  Also, why is the Canadian and Australian(?) flags featured?

Chris "Bird" Earley
      USAF 1975 - 1995
      American Legion Riders 209
      CR 2017 FNG

Bird
      Participant

Also, does anyone know the heights of A) the large back patch (Eagle) as well as B) the RFTW rocker?

Chris "Bird" Earley
      USAF 1975 - 1995
      CR 2017 FNG

Anonymous
      Inactive

I assume the Canadian and Australian flags are on the patch because those are the 2 countries that have the most participants in RFTW.

The back patch is 8.5″ high, and the rocker is 3″ high.

Hawkeye
      Participant

Bird –

The RFTW back patch is 8 3/4″ tall by 10 3/4″ wide. The rocker is 3″ tall by 10 1/2″ wide.

Hawkeye

Bird
      Participant

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I will need to move some lower back patches to get these two on under my ALR patch, but that should work fine!

Chris "Bird" Earley
      USAF 1975 - 1995
      CR 2017 FNG

Bearcat
      Participant

You might want to consider having a RFTW vest as a stand alone vest.  If you go ALW you’ll get a number of other patches from the different stops and the merchandise trailer(s) carry other items as well.  If you go multiple times on RFTW you can easily fill a vest…

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!
      Viet Nam 70-71
      US Army (Ret 1993)
      CR Participant 2014 & 2015 & 2019
      CR ATW 2016, CR ATW 2017, CR ATW 2018
      AZ PGR
      AZ ALR Post 108, Prescott Valley, AZ

Boomer
      Participant

The Australian Flag is on there because Australia was America’s ally during the Vietnam War, the Australian Government donated $3 million towards an education center that they are building at the Wall, when it opens it will have the names of the Australians who died added to the center. The Canadian, most likely is because quite a few Canadians came over and joined the US military during the Vietnam war, the also have a Northern Wall in Windsor where they honor the Canadians who gave their lives in Vietnam. There is a Run to the Wall group who have a ceremony ever year in Windsor to their memorial.

Bird
      Participant

I hope everyone understands I asked the question purely because I am an “Information Geek” (Don’t challenge me to Trivial Pursuit!)  and I certainly wasn’t objecting to either of the flags.

Chris "Bird" Earley
      USAF 1975 - 1995
      CR 2017 FNG

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.