Williams, AZ – CR – Hotel Issues

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      U Turn
      Participant

A communication was received from one of the riders that the Travelodge in Williams was not honoring the $84 price we were quoted in December since we didn’t have a “contract”.  This is the first that this was brought to our attention.  The rate quoted to the rider was $103.00  The individual who quoted the original rate was contacted and it was discovered that the Travelodge and the Econolodge had been sold in February.  We are attempting to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.  Please be patient!  Thanks!

U Turn
      Participant

Follow up on motel issues in Williams – the following was received from the former Owner of the Travelodge:   “I do apologies they are booked up on May 18th and are not able to go any lower then their regular rates we do have rooms at days inn and quality inn thank you”

The Mayor
      Participant

Look for the Rodeway Inn Williams Route 66-Grand Canyon Area
      1001 W Route 66, Williams, AZ, 86046-2231, US

And not for the Rodeway Inn and Suites, which is more expensive.  It’s on the main drag, on the right immediately off of the freeway.  I was there on April 10th, returning from spending a couple of weeks with a sick friend in Texas.  Don’t let the low rate scare you… recently remodeled (at least the room I was in).  You won’t get much more than a bed and hot shower, but my room was excellent and under $100 total.

Someone else respond to this thread after you’ve checked it out for yourself.

Jim "The Mayor" Frost
      USAF SSgt 66-69
      Bien Hoa AB, RVN 8/67-10/69

U Turn
        Participant

The Rodeway on the west side of Williams wasn’t included on the RFTW listing for several reasons.  One is that this particular motel has recently changed ownership several times.  The other was that it is pretty basic and it was my understanding from locals that worked there that it hadn’t been remodeled in awhile.  Another is that typically the parking lot is full of semi and construction trucks.  However, it is good to hear that Jim’s recent visit was a good one.  So… for those who haven’t yet made a motel reservation in Williams, this might be a good option.  We will check it out for next year’s RFTW!  Thanks for the information, Jim!

The Mayor
      Participant

Thanks U Turn!  When State Coordinators post hotel listings each year, we’ve come to expect certain levels of amenities without the need for further research before booking our rooms. That’s why this hotel won’t be on next year’s list.

Jim "The Mayor" Frost
      USAF SSgt 66-69
      Bien Hoa AB, RVN 8/67-10/69

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.