Wondering about coronavirus

Home Forums General Discussion Wondering about coronavirus

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Has anyone given thought about what the CDC put out today of a possiblity of a pandemic. And how they will get info about the run to people that leave early because of the distance needed to travel to the run, hotels like a little advance warning.

Ghost RiderGhost Rider
      Participant

Short answer is that RFTW is not a concern for the CDC. The best answer is for every rider to use the same cautions and methods you would use if you were on a family vacation or a business trip. Many things are planned for the riders such as Route, fuel stops, many meals and even help with hotels but nothing will guarantee personal health. The best advise I have received or given over the 14 years of participating in RFTW is “Use your common sense”. If you would not make a trip if it was business or personal then don’t assume things will be better just because it is RFTW. You will be around many unfamiliar people that are shaking hands one after another, giving hugs and in close proximity to each other. If this is a concern for anyone they should seriously consider if this year is right for them. Just my opinion and not necessarily that of the Board of Directors or Route Leadership.

Ray Wyatt
      2017 Southern Route Coordinator
      2016 Southern Route Assistant Route Coordinator
      2014-15 Road Guard Captain
      2011-2013, 2018 -2019 Road Guard
      Mission > Self

Participant

Thanks ghost rider

Just for clarification Rftw would not cancel the run. And use my own discretion.

Ghost RiderGhost Rider
      Participant

I can not speak for the BOD but I highly doubt that they would cancel the run. Yes, by all means use your own discretion. I am sure there will be many people carrying hand sanitizer in a pocket or hanging from their vests this year. There will be receiving lines at many stops and school kids and such. I would not show up wearing hazmat gear and expect to be received as an honored guest if you know what I mean. There may be some riders that have weaker immune systems that might decide to sit this one out. As we all age those are the choices we make on an individual basis.

Ray Wyatt
      2017 Southern Route Coordinator
      2016 Southern Route Assistant Route Coordinator
      2014-15 Road Guard Captain
      2011-2013, 2018 -2019 Road Guard
      Mission > Self

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.