Greetings from the Mexican Caribbean!
Although the 2021 Run has been postponed till 2022, the work for RFTW does not stop. I would like to thank our ARC and Hotel Coordinator, Jerry Wilkins, for the outstanding job he has done and is doing. Jerry has contacted all the hotels from Flagstaff to Ashland and put together the information below concerning the status of the hotel block cancellations. Please note that there are several locations that you must call to cancel your rooms. You are responsible for making sure your reservations are cancelled.
I hope the list below saves you some phone calls and trouble. Please remember when contacting these hotels to be courteous and thank them for their support for RFTW. We are ALL Ambassadors for our mission. Much time and energy has been put in to develop our relationships with these hotels, and we would like to continue to have their support for next year. See below:
- Flagstaff, AZ-
- La Quinta- Contract and block cancelled, no need to contact hotel
- Comfort Inn- Each person must call to cancel reservation
- Albuquerque, NM- Each person must call to cancel reservation.
- Amarillo, TX- Contract and block cancelled, no need to contact hotel
- Shawnee, OK- Each person must call to cancel reservation
- Forrest City, AR- Hotel contacted me, there are 10 reservations remaining, we knew there would be some who did not receive the change info
- Memphis, TN- Contract and block canceled, no need to contact hotel
- Cookeville, TN
- Country Inn- Each person must call and cancel reservation
- Candlewood- Each person must call and cancel reservation
- Asheville, NC- Each person must call and cancel reservation
- Springfield, NC- Each person must call and cancel reservation
- Ashland, VA- Contract and block canceled, no need to contact hotel.
On another note, Ron “Sky” King is working on another Tennessee reunion for us. He did a great job last year and I look forward to seeing what he puts together this year. I will pass on more information as it develops.
I am missing my RFTW family. Hope to see you again soon.
Ken “Six String” Dugas
Midway Route Coordinator