Posted on Leave a comment


All The Way

By Roger “Bullseye” Ford

In August of 2021 while attending a Poker Run supporting the E.O.D. Warriors I met a very cheerful lady named Mary “Cupcake” Pittman. Her riding vest was adorned with Run for the Wall patches and she was talking about how much fun the ride is. My first thought of her was, man, she needs to cut down on the caffeine, she had so much energy. I later found out that’s just the way she is. I like her already. So, ok, I’m intrigued and say ‘tell me more’. While listening to her I learned about what RFTW is and how it helps bring veterans together with a genuinely worthy cause. Healing of the mind and soul and riding for those who can’t. So, I started doing my homework finding out as much as I could about the ride and joined the RFTW page on Facebook. What’s the route I want to take (there are 3 that leave Ontario), how much is it going to cost for hotels/gas/food, what would I need to take. Got that all taken care of, now I had to convince the wife. Well, that was easy enough. She said “when do WE leave”.

On December 13th, we were registered. As I read more on FB and the RFTW website about the ride, I’m getting more and more anxious. My wife is getting into it as well but keeps telling me to stop with the “Is it May yet” (that’s the first thing I say, EVERYDAY). I’ve been keeping contact with Cupcake and she’s going to do a presentation (pre-orientation) about the ride to a group of FNG’s. Wait, what? FNG’s? I haven’t heard that since I was active duty. I’m assured that it means Fine New Guy/Gal (but we all know the truth). There was a lot of really good gouge. Some of it is common sense, but there were a few items even I wrote down (I already started a packing list). I had small change ($1’s, $5’s, $10’s) on my list for gas, then Cupcake dropped a bomb on me. Have the money on hand but some of the gas stops might be donated. She also mentioned that it was a good idea to contact the Missing Man Formation (MMF) Coordinator to secure a position in the MMF and the Honor Guard Coordinator to get a leg to carry the Flag to the Wall, which I promptly did. I secured a leg for both my wife and I to ride in the MMF and to carry the Flag to the Wall.

And then, BAM!!!!! It’s Finally May! Since we made the decision to go on this ride I’ve been asking at my VFW of past members or family of members who were POW/MIA/KIA. I’ve got a list of five that will be riding with me.

My pool table has turned into a staging area. Santa might have a list and check it twice, but my checklist has been checked, double checked, and triple checked just to make sure I didn’t forget anything.

May 17, Day 0: ‘Twas finally the day before RFTW and not much sleep last night. Mentally going thru my checklist. Did I pack everything? – check. Bikes are serviced – check. Gas is topped off – check. 0500 time to get up and get going. One last look at my checklist, got everything. We fire up the bikes and hit the road for a hour and a half hour ride to Ontario. We had it easy as there are some that are riding to Ontario from the east coast just to be able to go All The Way. The first song on the radio I hear was “The Heat Is On” by Glenn Frey and the second was (Highway to the) “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins, how fitting.

At 0800 we rolled into the parking lot at the host hotel to get checked in for the ride. I had barely turned off my bike when I was given my first Welcome Home and a hug. Inside we get a coffee, meet up with Cupcake, and are introduced to the Midway Route Coordinator (RC) Ken “Six Strings” Dugas. He’s a real nice guy, but then again, everyone I’ve met has been real nice. I had so many Welcome Home’s & hugs from complete strangers that are going to be my family for the next 10 days. We are all checked in for the ride. Wrist band proudly affixed to the left wrist & platoon assignment sticker attached to the bike. We have a little time so we stopped by the merchandise trailer and purchased some T-shirts, stickers, and patches.

1100: Time for the Midway route FNG meeting. We were introduced to the leadership and a lot of good info was passed out. Hand signals were covered (some change depending on the group you’re riding with but that’s normal), and informed that the gas stop tomorrow morning is $20. Around 1200 we head to lunch with some other FNG’s and people we just met and then off to get checked into the hotel.

1430: Time for the mandatory All Hands Meeting. Luckily, it’s right across the parking lot. When we get there we get to stage with our platoon for the first time. These guys know what they’re doing. Now I understand why we were told to follow the directions from the blue hats (stagers), they’ve done this a million times. After the All Hands meeting we broke off with the RC for his speech then we meet up with the 8th Platoon Leader (PL) Virginia “Cherry Girl” St. Andre and are introduced to our platoon. Around 1630 we break for the day. The last thing we’re told is to get plenty of sleep. Yeah, right! Like that’s gonna happen.

May 18, Day 1, 0500: It’s finally here. The day we’ve been waiting for. Up and ready. The bikes are packed up and we’re off to the staging area. We stage and meet up with our platoon, then grab some coffee and breakfast (assemble your own breakfast burrito’s) which is provided and served up by volunteers. There’s no charge but I don’t believe in that. Nothings free, someone paid for it. Where’s the tip jar, donation made, now I can eat. 0645 Mandatory all hands meeting. There was a lot going on. Intro’s of past/current Board of Directors, presentation of letters & plaques to all those involved to get us going, awards, presentation of the colors, and a speech by Gunny Gregory (founder of RFTW). We were supposed to have a military fly-over but it was overcast so that didn’t happen. Not long after we hear 1 horn blast. That’s the 10 minute warning before we are KSU. Time to get to the bikes and gear up. Engines are coming alive. The rumble of Harley’s, Indian’s, Honda’s, and yes even Can-Am Spyders is music to my ears.

Then 2 horn blasts for the 5 minute warning (which is more like 2-3 minutes). This is it. IT JUST GOT REAL! It’s time to roll. As we leave Ontario we have a Police Escort. It’s nice to roll thru stop signs and red lights on our way to the freeway.

Our first leg is 128 miles to Ludlow, CA. I rode in 4th position with the wife in 5th and the tailgunner behind her. While riding we’re keeping the bike spacing tight. You can imagine that 288 motorcycles makes a large footprint on the road so keeping it tight helps keep us together and makes it not as much of a negative impact to the cars on the road. Not an easy task when riding with people for the first time. There were a lot of hand signals for “tighten it up”. When we get to the gas station I understand why this is called “Coordinated Chaos”. We follow the fuel team directions. They flag you into a lane to fuel up. The 2-wheelers are up front fueling side-by-side. When one bike is filled they pass the nozzle to the next bike, move up the filled bike and pull another in his spot, then repeat the process. They got over 200 bikes thru the gas pumps in less than 20 minutes. It’s hard to put 3-4 cars thru the pumps in that time.

After we fuel we have a few minutes break then we’re off to Yucca, AZ (130 miles) and it’s getting hot (a mild 105 degrees). This is a Gas-n-Go stop so no break. As we pull up to the pumps I ask how much money for this stop and they inform me this is a donated stop. I owe someone or some organization a lot of gratitude. After all the bikes are fueled we’re off for Kingman, AZ (30 miles) for lunch (Sliders) at Mother Road Harley Davidson. Lunch is provided and served by volunteers with no charge. Remember what I said about nothings free, where’s the tip jar. After lunch we headed back to the bikes to gear up. After 1st & 2nd horns we we’re off for Seligman, AZ (70 miles) for our next fuel stop, which is also a donated stop. I forgot to mention, not only are the fuel team (yellow hats) very proficient getting us thru the pumps, the staging team (blue hats) are top notch as well. They get us back in riding formation with the precision of a well oiled machine. After a 45 minute break (includes fueling time) and a LEO escort we’re off to Flagstaff, AZ (77 miles)(435 miles for the day) where we had dinner at the VFW. Throughout the day there were a lot of overpasses that were lined up with flags and people cheering us on.

During dinner (Sloppy Joe’s/beans/chips) there were awards given to the VFW to show our appreciation. Six Strings informed us that the gas stops for tomorrow have all been donated. Then it’s off to top off the gas, take a shower and (TRY) to get some sleep.

May 19, Day 2, 0430: Time to get dressed and find a coffee pot. I’m hearing a lot of engines rumbling. The Ambassadors and Road guards must be staying at our hotel. They’re the only ones crazy enough to be up at this hour. We head to staging where my wife (Siren) heads to the Missing Man Formation (MMF) and I head to platoon 8.

0600 mandatory rider meeting. Six Strings gives us the daily gouge and safety brief, got updates on Central & Southern routes, then the Bio of a person who’s name that is on the wall is read. An FNG is asked to carry that Bio to the wall to place it and say their name. We will be doing this each morning. Then all of the FNG’s are asked to come up front. We are given a group Welcome Home and hugs all around. All of the POW’s, Vietnam Veterans, Purple Hearts, Gold and Blue Star families, and active duty & veterans are identified. We had a few raffle items then the 50/50 raffle. Then there is the lost & found where for a small donation ($5) you can get some of your lost/found items back.

0700, We’re off to Holbrook, AZ (100 miles) for our first fuel stop. With Siren up in the MMF I get time to ride with the group without her. Tomorrow I will start the day off in the MMF. I should mention that on our fuel stops the Mission 25 (M25) Ministry trucks do a great job bringing water and Gatorade (and snacks) to keep us hydrated during the ride. We hear a lot of preaching of hydrate-hydrate-hydrate, water-water-electrolyte’s. It’s a proven fact that if you don’t you WILL tap out.

Next, we’re off for Jamestown, NM (110 miles) for fuel and a break/hydrate. After that, we were off to Milan, NM (41 miles) for lunch at the Milan Elementary School. The kids were lined up on the sidewalks as we rode in, hearing them chant “USA, USA, USA” waving American flags to greet us.

It was inspiring to see the children being so patriotic. Before lunch there was a performance by them showing their patriotism then an awards ceremony where Six Strings got them chanting “USA, USA, USA” again. I wish this had been recorded, so many Adults could learn from them.

Lunch was delicious and again I found myself looking for the donation jar.

After lunch we were off to Casino 66 in Albuquerque, NM (60 miles) for a Gas-N-Go. When we were staging our LEO (police) escort arrived to lead us to our dinner destination (27 miles) at Thunderbird Harley Davidson. I can’t tell you how cool it was to ride the I-25 North. This was the second “Presidential” escort of the day where the LEO’s had the entire northbound freeway closed to car traffic. It was just RFTW on the road. All of the on ramps were blocked. I’m sure the street traffic didn’t like it too much. It was 1700 after all (5 o’clock rush hour) but really, how cool was that. Again, dinner was great. Served and provided, where’s that donation jar. After an awards ceremony, Six Strings informed us that tomorrows fuel stops were again donated. Then we were off to top off the gas and get to our hotel. It was warm again today, that shower is going to feel good.

May 20, Day 3, 0430 again: Didn’t get much sleep last night even though we went to bed before 2200. I couldn’t get the thought out of my head that tomorrow I’m riding in the Missing Man Formation and also carrying the Flag to the Wall, both on the first leg. Their names kept running thru my head. The men I’m riding for. SSGT Rodney Dale Staton, USA. PFC John Edward White, USMC. PFC Michael Christopher Burns, USMC. LCPL Leo Edward Swan, Jr., USMC. SP4 Michael Patrick Murphy, USA.

Staging today is at the Rich Ford dealership. They put out a nice breakfast spread. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, coffee, juice and milk. Before breakfast I pull out the sidewalk chalk and write down the names of the men I’m riding for next to my bike. “I ride for….” When I’m done I place the profiles I made for them next to my bike on the marker they have provided for the missing man. I say their names. It’s said that we die twice. First when we leave this place, second is the last time your name is said. I can tell you that these men will not see that (second) day for a long time.

Next, I’m off to see a Chaplain. This was/is a heavy thing for me and I was getting a little emotional but Gary “Chief” Whaley got me right in the head. (Anyone who knows me knows that isn’t an easy thing to do.) We talked and prayed. I’m good to go. Next, I met up with Vickie “Needy” Meyer to receive the Flag to the Wall. We rendered the proper honors and with Old Glory safely tucked away I’m ready for the first leg of the day.

Before I know it, second horn has blasted. I’ve been on my bike waiting for this moment for what seems like a lifetime. With the sweet rumble of 288 bikes sounding off to the conductor, “Senior Chief” our Senior Medic, prompting our revving as if in an orchestra, we are set to roll. Six Strings, and for the life of me I forget who’s in the #2 spot, I’m so excited, we start to roll out of the parking lot. I follow keeping it tight. I’m on a Spyder so I have to keep it as far left as I can to keep the Missing Man position open but keep about 6-8 feet behind the lead, keep it tight I keep telling myself. I haven’t hugged the zipper that close, ever on 3 wheels. But it just felt right, easy almost like someone was helping. As we started off the sun was at just the right angle to make it hard to see the zipper (paint was faded and sun in my eyes) but we made it. We’re headed to Santa Rosa, NM (113 miles) for our lunch stop. Along the way I’m having conversations with the men I’m riding for. I had my playlist on my headset going but I think one or two of the guys didn’t like Alanis Morissette or the Red Hot Chili Peppers as those songs kept skipping to the end.  Call me crazy, and you might be right, but we talked. Sure, it was one sided as I could only imagine their responses. But the real crazy part was that occasionally, I could see in my peripheral a bike riding in the missing man spot. When I looked over there was no one there, but still. And all too soon, my leg in the MMF of the ride was complete.

After a quick Gas-N-Go in Moriarty, NM (113 miles total) I pass the Flag to the Wall to the next rider. The next stop was Blue Hole, NM.

When we got to the Blue Hole I’m starting to see some of the guys and gals stripping off their leather. They have swim trunks on. I’ve heard of this, but this is going to be interesting. The Blue Hole is a natural spring, in the middle of New Mexico (desert). The water is 61 degrees and compared to the 100+ degrees outside that’s gotta be cold. Yes, they’re going for a dip in the pool. Next time I’ll have my swim trunks. It’s time for lunch. It’s sliders and hot dogs but man were they delicious. Again, where’s the tip jar.

After lunch we parade thru Tucumcari, NM and there is a huge turn-out. Lots of people lining the streets cheering us on. We wave and honk our horns. After a Gas-N-Go we’re head for Glenrio, NM (100 miles) for the last gas stop of the day then another LEO escort into Amarillo, TX (80 miles) for dinner at the Christian Heritage Church. Dinner was great, BBQ ribs, they kept asking to fill our plates. Where’s the tip jar. It’s a lot to take in. These people and organizations are taking us in, feeding us, paying for our gas. God has been good to us.

As a platoon, we are riding like we have been riding together for years (or 1,000 miles), not days.

May 21, Day 4, 0500 (I slept in past 0430 for a change): Forecast last night was Cold, Windy, and Rain (lots of it) so I pulled out the rain gear. We woke up to mostly cloudy, cool (compared to 100 degrees), high winds, and no rain. I’m starting to like “Chief”, our Chaplain. He must have some serious connections. When we were at the all hands meeting “Six Strings” called “Siren” (my wife) up to sing the National Anthem. She is an Opera singer and she had the crowd saluting and singing along.

We left Amarillo for Shamrock, TX (95 miles). The winds were 25 mph head winds gusting to 40 mph and we were riding at 75 mph. It was tough fighting the wind, both hands firmly on the handlebars (thankfully, I’m on 3-wheels). At one point there was traffic passing us on the left. We get to the 144 mile marker (I remember it vividly) and BAMMMM! An airborne Grouse (a rather large bird) took flight and rolled over the top of a passing SUV. It had no flight path except to be an airborne piece of FOD (foreign object debris) and hit me in the right shoulder. Yeah, that hurt. Thankfully, because of the high winds I was holding on with both hands. When we pulled into Shamrock for the gas stop I had one of the medics check me out just to make sure. Good to go. I’m living up to my street name “Bullseye” (I have had almost every animal hit or near miss me). Only $20 for this gas stop, I’m feeling blessed.

Next was a Gas-N-Go in Weatherford (donated again) then a lunch stop at the Stafford Air and Space Museum in Weatherford, OK (101 miles). The people there were very friendly. But then again, they have all been friendly. Maybe it’s the southern hospitality. And again, lunch served by volunteers & provided by some organization (I had seconds this time). Where’s that tip jar. There was a WWII vet there and we all thanked him for his service and welcomed him home. After lunch we took a collection and are having a RFTW brick laid there to mark our 2022 trip.

We’ve been riding for about 1,300 miles together and it is starting to show. Siren and I are riding so tight that her front tire is usually in my peripheral vision where we use to be 1-2(or more) yards away. We’re just riding better together.

Next stop is the VFW in Shawnee, OK (105 miles) for dinner. Again, served and provided by volunteers. Where’s that donation jar. The days are short but feel like they’re running long (it’s a long journey).

May 22, Day 5, 0500: I had a sound sleep last night. Ahh, the beautiful sound of loud pipes. Wait!, I’m not dreaming, am I late! The days are starting to run together. It’s just the Ambassadors & road guards getting an early start. Last night was a 70% chance of rain so we have the rain gear ready. We woke up to overcast, cool and no rain. ”Chief”, our Chaplain, is getting extra brownie points. I’m not bruised from my bird strike yesterday so I’m happy. “Six Strings” announced that today was another gas stops are donated day.

First gas stop was in Sallisaw, OK (122 miles) then a quick Gas-N-Go in Ozark, AR (60 miles). We had a light sprinkle of rain today riding into Arkansas but the rain gear wasn’t needed. Lunch was in Russellville, AR (47 miles).

I was raised in Arkansas so I knew that lunch, which was served & provided by volunteers, of smoked BBQ Chicken, beans, coleslaw, and chips was going to be delicious. But first we had to walk the flag line of the Russellville Patriot Guard Riders (PGR). I’m a PGR rider in San Diego and I shook each of their hands and thanked them all. Lunch was finger licking good. Where’s that tip jar.

We had to keep moving. Another 94 miles to our last stop for the day in Forrest City, AR for dinner at the Ridgewood Baptist Church. Dinner was fried chicken and finger licking good. As we do at each of our stops, we gave thanks and awards to show our appreciation.

May 23, Day 6: During the morning meeting “Cupcake” asked me if I would carry the Sandbox Wall to Wall flag. Of course I said yes, with honor and pride. Today was another all gas stops donated. This is such an awesome thing. We had a LEO escort into and from the lunch stop and another when we headed into Cookeville, TN. It was another “Presidential” escort with the freeway shut down. On our way out from Cookeville, I don’t think there were more than 2 or 3 overpasses (and there were a lot of them) that weren’t lined up with flags, fire trucks and people waving and cheering us on. What a beautiful sight.

Platoons 7 & 8 (8 is our Platoon) did a breakout mission to the Tennessee Veterans Cemetery. It was very heart felt getting to make this breakout mission.

My wife, Alexandra (Siren) told me she’s been hugged more on this trip than she has ever in her life. It’s all about the healing and coming together. She’s starting to see how veterans “Have Your Six”. After dinner in Cookeville, an awesome spaghetti meal (I was stuffed after having seconds), there was an auction. Siren won the bid on a beautiful hand-made blanket. Then my wife pulled the trigger and said “we’re riding Wall To Wall” which after getting to D.C. runs from the Vietnam wall to the Current Conflicts Wall in Illinois. That will be another feather in the hat. We figured, we came this far, might as well go ALL The Way. Before we headed out to the hotel there was a light rain. It was welcomed after the ride we’ve been on. A short trip to the hotel, gear stowed, and met with the Midway team at the lobby (outside, on seats from the hotel, under the awning) for a few drinks and we were off to get some much needed sleep. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

May 24, Day 7: During the morning meeting I passed the Wall To Wall flag off to Siren for the next leg.  We had lunch at the Knoxville, TN Veterans Memorial. They have a fountain there and some of the “Veteran Riders” actually walked (gear on) thru the cold fountain waters. Maybe I’ll do it next time.

While we were there, there was a booth with challenge coins of Tennessee war veterans and I randomly picked up a coin for 1st Lt. Alexander Bonnyman, Jr. (USMC), a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient.

I had the caretaker show me where his name was on their wall. He told me the story behind his award and I was touched. I made an etching of his name and will pass the coin and the etching on to my nephew, a Marine who lives in Knoxville and is a member of the Knox County Sheriffs Dept.

I also participated in a Wreath laying ceremony. We had one service member representing each branch of service. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard (and Civialian).

Today’s ride through the Smokey Mountains had LEO escorts and rides thru tunnels. Hearing the rumble of Harley’s thru the two tunnels was awesome.

After lunch we had a LEO escort out of town and another when we rode into Swannanoa, NC (all highway traffic was stopped to allow us to pass)

to the Ashville Harley Davidson for a pulled pork dinner where we met with a 102 year young WWII veteran to grace us with his presence. He received a standing ovation where we all thanked him for his service and welcomed him home.

Then we were off to the Host hotel for the night. After settling in, and under a canopy of trees, we had a nighttime serenade where Siren and a few others sang songs for us. Then in the hotel bar Siren sang the Anthem. We were saluting and singing along. I was asked/given a flag to carry to the Wall by Rick MacDowell, a veteran who couldn’t go all the way to place it for SP4 John L. Powers. I did so with honor. I’m really loving my RFTW family.

May 25, Day 8: Started the day with a light rain but it wasn’t enough to warrant rain gear. My wife was part of a trio that sang the Anthem this morning to the Midway riders. Six Strings announced that all of the remaining gas stops will all be donated. Before we headed to the bikes, Siren handed off the Wall to Wall flag to one of our Canadian riders for the day.

We had lunch at the Pentecostal Holiness Church in Siler City, NC. The Road Guards were having a little fun on the swings.

Next stop was the Falcon Children’s Home. I swear that after lunch they were trying to get me to tap out. I know we were taking the scenic route but there were so many right hand turns I thought we’d cross our path, and the heat/humidity were starting to take a toll on me. I’m sure it was just fatigue from riding for so long, but this was the hardest day of riding for me. From there we were off to the Bizzell Grove Church in Princeton, NC for dinner. The spaghetti was great. I’m getting good at finding the tip jar without asking. Next we’re off to top off our tanks then our hotel for the night.

May 26, Day 9: At this mornings meeting, when all of the FNG’s are called up front (we did this each morning), we (the FNG’s) actually outnumbered the veteran Midway route riders. The FNG’s are actually really important. We are part of keeping this memorial ride going and keeping it a tradition. It’s sinking in, we are a family riding on a mission. We’re almost there.

We’ve been running thru red lights and stop signs so much I’m going to have to get use to stopping at them again when this is all over. Our Road Guards and LEO escorts have been doing a great job keeping us safe.

Today is going to be a short travel day, only 193 miles. Our first stop is a Gas-N-Go in Smithfield, NC before our lunch stop in Weldon, NC at the Moose Lodge. In the field there they have displays honoring the fallen.

This display is made of the Dog Tags of fallen veterans)

(Veterans KIA of North Carolina)

Then a short trip to Ashland, VA for the night. Before we departed were informed we get to sleep in an extra 45 minutes tomorrow. Doesn’t sound like much but after what we’ve been through it’s a blessing.

May 27, Day 10: This is it. The last travel day to the WALL. Today is another short travel day, 95 miles. I know we could have knocked out these miles yesterday but it’s about timing our arrival for Midway, Central and Southern to arrive in that order. Remember I mentioned that after the morning meeting we have our lost & found. Our fearless leader was given some special clothing that was found. Somehow nobody claimed that item.

Our first (and only) stop before Arlington is at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, VA. We were greeted and welcomed by a retired Marine Corps General. Our tour was cut off a little short due to a Tornado Warning but it worked out for the better because not even half an hour after we got to the Host Hotel for the night the skies got dark and the bottom fell out in a down pour. Thank our lucky stars we weren’t riding in it. That wouldn’t have been fun at all. And to think that Southern Route has had to ride thru storms almost the entire trip, and Central through the snow.

May 28, Mission Complete Day: We got to sleep in a little today since we don’t have to leave the Hotel until 0800. We all, as in Midway-Central-Southern Routes, meet at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for our group (family) photo. What a sight. There are about 1,500 of us and it’s quite breath taking. There was a lady rider, I think from Southern Route, that was playing military songs on her bagpipes. Then when she was done someone passed Siren a megaphone and she got in front of us and sang the National Anthem. We were all on our feet saluting or hand over our heart as she went. Some sang along with her.

After the photo was taken we walked the short distance to the Vietnam Memorial Wall and laid a Wreath (as a RFTW group). Then I was on MY mission. I went with my wife to find the names of my 5 riders to place the tributes I made for each of them.

PFC Michael Christopher Burns, USMC, panel 31W, line 44.
SP4 Michael Patrick Murphy, USMC, panel 10W, line 91.
SSGT Rodney Dale Staton, USA, panel 13E, line 87.
PFC John Edward White, panel 45E, line 44.
PFC Leo Edward Swan, Jr. USMC, panel 51E, line 13.

As I mentioned on day 7, I also picked up another rider along the way. Retired Green Baret Rick MacDowell asked me to place a flag that he gave me at the panel for SP4 John Lynn Powers, USMC, panel 5W, line 107. After I had that completed I had to find my mentor, Cupcake. I thanked her for informing me of the ride and bringing me along. Then as the tradition is, I had her turn my FNG button upside down to signify that I am now Mission Complete. I will be back again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and …

Leave a Reply