Howdy from Texas!
Summer days are upon us along with the beautiful sunny & HOT days made for riding! HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE! I see lots of our Run Family posting about their journeys and meet-ups with others. I often ponder on the ways our Mission Statement may be applied to fulfill its purpose outside the normal path taken along the Run. Thinking about Rides and Meet-ups led me to the very first tenet of that Statement: “To promote healing among ALL veterans and their families and friends”. Sometimes we get so involved in reaching outside the Family that we forget that every contact we make within the Family is also supporting the Mission. So… GREAT JOB SUPPORTING THE MISSION, FAMILY!
The Donations for the SandBox Route Inaugural Run Commemorative Patch are coming in fast and steady. Within the first 7 days after the announcement, close to 40% of the patches were accounted for and the reservations are still coming in. I just mailed out a large stack of envelopes with patches for those who have sent in their donations. Watch for them to show up in your mailbox soon!
Some folks are asking, “Should the patch be worn upside down?” It’s your patch and totally your call. However, my thoughts are that this is a commemorative patch, not a participation patch. When mine is sewn on, it will be right side up.
If you would like to secure one of these limited-edition patches, please follow the instructions below to make your reservation. The patch was designed and stitched back in February to be used as a fundraiser during the Run on the SandBox Route. There is a very limited quantity of this patch and though we may produce new patch for next May, there will be no re-order of this patch depicting the dates of our originally scheduled Run – the Commemorative Patch.
Don’t delay – donate today!
Here are the details…
- The patch is available for a donation of $20 to the SandBox Route.
- Due to limited supply, please restrict your order to 1 patch per person.
- The patches will be provided per the order in which requests are received.
Here’s how to get yours…
- Send an e-mail with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the e-mail, please include your Name and Mailing Address.
- You will receive a reply with instructions on where and how to send your donation.
- When your donation is received, the patch will be mailed to the address you provided.
That’s all there is to it! I’ll be watching for your e-mail!
Y’all take care, stay well and stay strong! Remember, all roads lead to all roads so no matter where you go, TOGETHER WE RIDE!
WALL 2 WALL!