Greetings from Kerrville!
Great day to reunite with the Family at the Texas Riders Reunion here in Kerrville, Texas. It looks like we’re in for beautiful weather that will be perfect for riding, visiting and of course – eating. This promises to be a great weekend for the family as we all look ahead to better times.
As of today, there are 194 people registered for the SandBox Route. I don’t have a count toward our 275 bike limit but based on our previous ratio, I’d expect this is about 164 bikes. As you can see, that leaves a lot of potential room that will be filled on the StandBy Registration process starting on 01OCT2021. This pre-registration system will remain open through midnight (pacific time) on 30SEP2021 so there is no rush at the moment – but keep in mind that is only 7 days away. Don’t let it catch you off guard. For more detail on this current registration process, please see my last RC Newsletter published on 11SEP2021 at this link.
StandBy Registration Process
- The SandBox StandBy Registration Process will go live at 12:00am (Eastern time) on 01OCT2022. To be clear, that is midnight at the start of 01OCT, not at the end of it.
- This process will be used to fill all remaining spots on the SandBox Route after Pre-Registration closes on 30SEP as noted above.
- If you were otherwise eligible, but did not register during that period, this is the process you will use to get back onto SandBox Route Registration.
Following is the process you’ll need to follow:
- Compose an e-mail with the Subject Line: “SandBox 2022 Standby Registration Request”. This subject line will identify your message as a StandBy Request. I will be grouping these messages by subject to keep them in order as received.
- In the e-mail, please provide the following:
- Your Name (road name is OK, but I’ll need your real name as well)
- List if you are a Motorcycle Rider, Motorcycle Passenger or 4-Wheel traveler
- If you are a motorcycle rider with passenger, you may be placed on the list together
- AFTER 12:00am (Eastern Time) on 01OCT, send the message to SB-Registration@rftw.us. Messages received before that time will not be listed.
- Additions to the SandBox Registration will be made in the order the messages (with the noted subject line) are received.
- At the end of the month, you will be sent a link and password to access the system and complete your registration. That password will be expire at the end of the next month We’ll repeat this process (except for step 3) each month to fill the registration roster and keep it filled.
Coordinating these self-imposed registration limits has been a challenging but necessary task as discussed many times before. I have tried to lay out the process as simply as possible, but I also know that there will be questions. If you need more info or clarification, please write me at email@example.com.
Now for something completely different…
The next all-hands SandBox Route Virtual Quarterly Briefing will be on Tuesday, 05OCT2021 at 7:00pm Central Time. There we’ll discuss the latest Route and planning developments, hear from several of your route leadership on their ongoing planning efforts, have an opportunity to discuss the new StandBy Registration Process and have your questions answered live and virtually in person. Following is the link info…
Join the Zoom Meeting at this link:
Meeting ID: 883 2795 9907
I look forward to seeing you all there!
Remember, all roads lead to all roads so no matter where you go, TOGETHER WE RIDE!
WALL 2 WALL!