Well May is finally upon us. So…Is it May yet?! YES IT IS!
This letter will likely find many of you already on the road heading toward the west coast and ultimately into Ontario to begin the 31st annual Run For The Wall mission. I know that you all have prepared for many weeks and in some cases all year long for aspects of this mission. Preparations like motorcycle maintenance, logistical planning, financial planning and even (especially) your personal health maintenance. All a part of our ongoing commitment to to call for an accounting of all Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action (POW/MIA), to honor the memory of those Killed in Action (KIA) from all wars, and to support our military personnel all over the world.
I would like to give you an update on the status of the Sandbox Recon before we all meet up in Ontario;
– As of this writing we have a complete routing for the recon. This route has been published on the Sandbox Hub and is available for viewing. https://rftw.us/sandbox-route-hub/
– Please Visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RFTWSandbox/
– We have been graciously invited to breakfast, lunch and dinner at each of our planned stops along the route. I have been told by these locations to be prepared for some amazing food and huge welcome’s!
– The vast majority of law enforcement jurisdictions that we will cross have promised to either escort us through or aid us in one way or another. Our Road Guard Captain and his staff have been in communication with these agencies and they have begun to establish lines of communication and relationships.
– Our commissioning ceremony, in Ontario, is in the final stages of preparation and it looks like it will be an amazing event that will truly mark the beginning of Sandbox. Please invite your friends and family to this event as it is open to the public. It will be held following the the ALL ROUTES Safety Briefing in the parking lot next to the host hotel on Tuesday at 1700 (5pm local).
– Sandbox has begun multiple fundraising efforts that will help us to support the activities of the route this year and into the future. The other routes have agreed to assist us in this effort by auctioning some of our Limited Edition Sandbox Route patches during their LA to DC missions. Mary “Cupcake” Pittman McElroy ([email protected]) is also handling the raffle and auction activities during the recon. She has posted information about this on the Sandbox Facebook groups. FYI she is looking for items that anyone might want to donate for these activities. Please contact her so that the logistics can be arranged.
– We have also set and internally published the Sandbox specific schedules for Ontario and Arlington.
Please take the time to visit the website and Facebook page of our Mission complete- The Middle East Conflicts Wall https://middleeastconflictswall.org/
As we are all heading out towards Ontario I would like to wish you all safe travels and Godspeed. I am very much looking forward to us all officially meeting for the first time (in person) as one collective unit that will forever be known as the Sandbox Recon.
How far are we going?!
WALL 2 WALL!