RFTW XXXII 2022 RC Newsletter
This is it, The last Pre-Run list of good things to know. Some of these you have already heard or should have.
- You will get a copy of the Southern Route Itinerary when you “Check In”. Study it. Where you need to be and when you need to be there is all right there. A LOT of time and effort when into its publication, it is not intended to be a souvenir program. The best prepared Riders have the least stress.
- Every exit is there in Bold and the arrival and departure times also. Many Riders will write the exit numbers each day on the back of their windshields with a dry-erase marker to keep track
- Be aware we will cross several time zones. We lose an hour each time. Make sure that your timepiece is correct, otherwise you will be late. Getting a good night’s rest is crucial.
- Keep your itinerary handy, pay attention at the Mandatory Riders’ Meeting for last minute changes.
- You can access it online, even download and print @ 2022 Southern Route Itinerary
- Don’t forget to check your tire pressure. It is often overlooked. Under or Overinflated tires are unsafe. Recommended tire pressure can be found in your owner’s manual or a sticker inside of a side cover, NOT on the tire. While you are there, double check the tread all the way around the tires.
- There are still open spots for the FNG Flag Relay. You can be a part of this special mission by carrying the folded flag for one leg of the Southern Route Run. Contact Rod Runyon by email to sign up.
- One more time, HYDRATE !, HYDRATE !, HYDRATE!
See Y’all Soon. In the words of my cousin Willie, ” Just can’t wait to get on the road again”.