Greetings from Texas!
Detailed planning for SandBox Route #1 is well underway and the pieces are coming together. As I mentioned on the last newsletter, I intend to open registration again for a limited run and I believe that we are now ready to do so. There remains a great deal of interest from folks who were unable to register, and we will do our best to make this registration period as fair as possible. With that in mind, there will be two paths to registration as described below.
UPDATE NOTE: This 2nd Registration Period is intended only for those who are NOT already registered for the SandBox Route into Marseilles. If you already registered for the SandBox Route with a “Ride-To” of Marseilles, Illinois, then you are good to go with no further action required. To confirm you are registered, review your registration confirmation e-mail under the “Ride-to” section and look for “Marseilles – MUST Pay Now”. If it says anything else, you are NOT registered for SandBox Route.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE PROCESSES ARE FOR PLATOON RIDERS ONLY. If you are currently assigned to a Leadership Team but have not yet registered, contact your Team Leader for registration instructions.
For those already registered for Central, Southern or Midway Routes with a “Ride-to” into DC AND have already paid as of 21 OCT 2019:
- Compose an e-mail with the Subject Line: “SandBox 2nd Registration”
- In the e-mail, please provide the following:
- Registered Route
- Registration Date (the date on which you registered on line)
- Confirm that you are a Motorcycle/Trike/CanAm Rider (not a passenger)
- Confirm that you are registered into DC.
- Confirm that you have already pre-paid your registration
- Send the message to SB-Registration@rftw.us
- Message must be received by midnight central time on 03 NOV 2019 to be considered.
- Applicants who meet the criteria above will be manually registered onto SandBox Route in the order in which the messages were received.
- Only those registered as of 21 OCT 2019 AND that have already paid for registration are eligible to apply for this registration method.
- Both these items will be confirmed on RFTW registration rolls prior to extending your registration onto SandBox.
- If you have a Motorcycle Passenger registered to ride with you, please note their name in the message and their registration will be adjusted with yours.
- Please also note that meeting the criteria noted above does not guarantee SandBox Route registration if the available spots are filled before your message is received.
For those currently not registered for any Route or who have not paid for their registration:
- Open registration will commence precisely at 7:00 pm Central Time on Tuesday evening, 05 NOVEMBER 2019.
- This registration will be via the normal online registration at rftw.us
- Registration will once again close as soon as the number of available spots has been filled
- Note: The number of spots is based only on the number of registered bikes. Motorcycle Passengers registering will not count against the number of available spots.
These are two separate groups of open spots, so filling the first one will not eat into the second one.
Please follow the instructions carefully or your application may be missed.
Thank you for your patience and for helping make this inaugural SandBox Route a great success!
Very best regards,
Billie “Bugs” Dunlap
SandBox Route Coordinator
Run For The Wall XXXII